Re: [N1MM] Version 10.2.0 is available - Install Full Version 10.0.0 First!

  • James Streible
    Message 1 of 53 , Feb 1, 2010
      Tom,

      Just installed v10.0.0 and then v10.2.0 on my back up computer. I always
      do this before
      installing on the ham shack computer, and everything seems to be working OK.
      Operating system is XP sp3 and will be the same on the ham shack computer.
      So far it looks like there were no problems. This computer is not hooked
      to any radio so
      I have not had a chance to see if all of those functions work yet. I
      should get it installed
      in the ham shack sometime this afternoon. However, from past experience
      with upgrades
      I am not expecting any problems. I have not had any in the past.

      Thanks for the fine contest program.

      73,

      Jim K4DLI

      N1MM wrote:
      > Version 10.2.0 is available. You ***MUST*** install 10.0.0 before
      > installing this one.
      >
      > The full install has been tested by a number of people on the
      > development team. If the first 5 or so installers of the full install
      > and update would please report back the following:
      >
      > 1. Operating system and if Vista or Win 7, whether they were 32 or 64 bit.
      > 2. Problem description.
      > 3. Please confirm that you installed 10.0.0 and THEN 10.2.0.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tom - N1MM

    • ng7m
      Message 53 of 53 , Feb 3, 2010
        My experience installing 10.X.X last night on a Windows 7 64 bit setup could not have gone better.

        I migrated over from a Vista 32 bit setup and everything was very smooth. On the Win7 64 bit install, I installed to the default root level directory 'N1MM Logger'. Ran the installer with a login that is an admin. (typical default user created at Win 7 install) No reason to start the installer as an admin as expected.

        The first thing I did was to migrate my databases over and restore the N1MMLogger.ini file.. (changed a few paths here for the new root folder install)

        I reinstalled MTTY (down the N1MM path) and fired everything up... MTTY is working fine using a RigBlaster Pro and keying FSK from an onboard COM port through the RigBlaster. No issues, could not have been more simple of a migration at this point.

        WinKeyer is also working fine... I kept the same COM port assignment as I had in Vista. So Winkeyer work right from the first time I started up N1MM. (already detected via the USB / COM drivers out of the Win 7 64 bit box)

        For rig control, i'm using a VSCOM PCI-800 multi serial port card. I have to mention that this card has been one of my best purchases ever... I bought this thing back in the late 90's and VSCOM's support of drivers has been perfect (byterunners sells VSCOM cards still). I installed the Win 7 64 bit drivers for this card and have the com ports assigned from COM3-COM10.

        Rig control is fine as expected using the VSCOM-PCI Serial card. (about 10-12 years old by the way) The RigBlaster control would be fine through one of these card ports too. If you have a desktop with a PCI slot, I still think a solution like the VSCOM card is the way to go over the USB serial solutions... IMHO, but the USB adapters will work too if you know what to get of course. (oh consternation created over getting USB serial ports working based on posts... shudder)

        Now for the SSB setup... I have two sound cards in my box... I got the drivers all setup and working... and onboard RealTek HD Audio Card and a very popular Sound Blaster Audigy SE PCI card as my second sound card.

        I was interested in seeing the changes in N1MM 10.X.X where you will be able to select the different sound card mic-in line-in options. (not only be ablet use default sound card OS level settings) Bingo!, it was perfect. Everything showed up in N1MM per the new update changes and in no time I had the radio recording SSB wav files through my mic on the rig... all tied in through the Rig Blaster Pro. (secondary non default sound card in this case)

        It all just works... :) I'm sure the F.U.D. (fear / uncertainty and doubt) will live on over Win 7 64 bit setups.

        At the moment, I have no need for Parallel Port interfaces... so I can't report on N1MM in Win 7 64 bit with the Parallel port work.

        de NG7M