Re: skipped serial numbers

  • stewart_bakeruk
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
      Saw the same in the RSGB AFS SSB. Skipped one.

      Stewart G3RXQ

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "BT Mail" <bill.langtry@...> wrote:

      > UBA contest. Serial numbers sent were skipped. No apparent reason that I can see.What have I done wrong?
      > Bill GI4AAM

    • Steve London
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
        With N1MM's method of "reserving" serial numbers, there are several operator
        scenarios that can lead to skipped serial numbers.

        I have no idea how RSGB adjudicates its contests. In CQ and ARRL contests, the
        log checkers have no problem with skipped or out-of-sequence serial numbers. The
        important thing is that N1MM correctly logs the same serial number as it sent.
        There is another contest logger on the market which has situations where it logs
        a different serial number than what it actually sent. Not good.

        73,
        Steve, N2IC