Re: [N1MM] DX Packet Cluster

  • Tom Wagner
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2002
      Check your handshaking and port parameters.

      Tom
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2002
        Jamie:

        Many thanks for the tip. I had used Pacterm previously and evidently
        it was leaving the KAM in host mode. When I put it in terminal mode
        it fixed the problem and now I can connect as usual.

        Thanks again to all who gave me some help.

        Ben, K4GHS

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2002
          Tom:

          Thanks for your reply. Jamie, WW3S gave me the tip that worked. I
          needed to put the KAM in terminal mode.

          Thanks again for a great program.

          Ben, K4GHS

        • Michael Morgan
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2002
            Ben,
            I have a Kam Plus and I am going to try and test it to see how it
            works in N1MM. I didn't do a preliminary test (still no antenna for 2
            meters I am going to try and make a quick J-Pole to test with). I
            hooked my 2 mtr rig up to a dummy load and it seemed to work fine.
            This is what I did:
            - In the Configure Ports Dialog I selected the packet check box for
            the com port for my Kam+ (Mine is Com 3)
            - Went to the Set Sub Command and set it to 9600 8N1 and Hit OK
            - I then went to the Packet Window
            - I right clicked on the first button 'C K1TTT' and changed it to my
            local cluster C KF.... ( I don't remember the call now)
            - I then just to check my Kam entered MYC in the text box above the
            big window and hit enter and it returned correctly 'MYCALL AA5SH'
            - Next I hit the 'C KF4...' button and the Kam and Rig went to
            operating.

            I need to hook it up to TV and hope that the cluster is still online.
            I will let you know in a little while if it worked ok.

            73's and Good Luck

            Michael, AA5SH

            > Michael:
            >
            > This is exactly what is happening. I can't issue any commands! Let me
            > know if you think of anything I can do.
            >
            > Ben, K4GHS
          • Michael Morgan
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 1, 2002
              Ben,
              I have a Kam Plus and I am going to try and test it to see how it
              works in N1MM. I didn't do a preliminary test (still no antenna for 2
              meters I am going to try and make a quick J-Pole to test with). I
              hooked my 2 mtr rig up to a dummy load and it seemed to work fine.
              This is what I did:
              - In the Configure Ports Dialog I selected the packet check box for
              the com port for my Kam+ (Mine is Com 3)
              - Went to the Set Sub Command and set it to 9600 8N1 and Hit OK
              - I then went to the Packet Window
              - I right clicked on the first button 'C K1TTT' and changed it to my
              local cluster C KF.... ( I don't remember the call now)
              - I then just to check my Kam entered MYC in the text box above the
              big window and hit enter and it returned correctly 'MYCALL AA5SH'
              - Next I hit the 'C KF4...' button and the Kam and Rig went to
              operating.

              I need to hook it up to TV and hope that the cluster is still online.
              I will let you know in a little while if it worked ok.

              73's and Good Luck

              Michael, AA5SH

              > Michael:
              >
              > This is exactly what is happening. I can't issue any commands! Let me
              > know if you think of anything I can do.
              >
              > Ben, K4GHS
            • Michael Morgan
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 1, 2002