Re: [N1MM] speed file.wav

  • Tom Wagner
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      I don't understand. Did you mean sending of the call?

      If so, I try to send it as fast as possible, to that end, you
      should trim off unnecessary space at the beginning & end of each
      letter.

      There are limits as to what I can do with the individual letter
      files. This function will never be perfect. I can't imagine a
      really serious entrant using this, as it is just too slow. It's
      fun to play with when you are dabbling in a contest, but
      not if you want to win, place or show.

      73,
      Tom
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        Tom

        I referred to His Call F5. that is to say the reading speed that makes when sending the macro F5 ( ! ). if there was some form of configuring the speed in that the call is read, so that it is more or less quick.
        During the contest when there is not pile up (of course) it is extremely useful to separate the voice, using the macros to respond the calls.

        Tnx 73 de Juan LU3HY

        > it is possible to configure the speed of reading of the call received when
        > sending the file.wav
        >
        > it could be a new function to develop.
        >
        > Tnx 73 de Juan LU3HY

      • Juan Pablo MercĂ© LU4DX
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
          N1MM wrote:
          >I can't imagine a really serious entrant using this, as it is just too slow. It's
          >fun to play with when you are dabbling in a contest, but
          >not if you want to win, place or show.

          Dear Tom...
          Maybe you doesn't make a mistake, but I should say him that I had a qso rate of 6 qso/minuto with ESM during Saturday. I made 2564 qso with 1.220.000 points in 10 meters LP and I am first until the moment in the claimed scores. My best qso rate was of 7 qso/minutos, I think that there is not great difference.
          Then imagine a serius entrant using ESM, that I am me.

          73's Paul AY4DX/LU4DX

        • Tom Wagner
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2002
            My apologies, Paul. 6 q's a minute is certainly serious. I just
            couldn't imagine being able to do that with wav files sent
            one-by-one.

            73,
            Tom