Question about RTTY RU (Section 3)

  • Rich Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
      Happy New Year:

      I had originally posed this question to my club reflector, but got no reply.
      Since there are so many contesters on this reflector, I thought it
      appropriate to ask.

      "After review of section three of the RTTY RU rules, I have the following

      question:

      If I operate under section 3.1.2, am I then permitted to make unlimited band

      changes?

      The reason I ask, is I plan to operate SO2R, and if given the choice
      utilizing packet spotting or unlimited band changes, I will take unlimited
      band changes."

      Thanks in advance!

      73

      Rich, AJ3G

    • Bob Naumann
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
        As a single operator high power (3.1.2), *without packet* - you are not
        limited in the number of band changes you can make.

        If you use packet, the rules are quite clear where it says:

        3.2.3. Includes those single operators that use any form of spotting
        assistance such as from nets or packet.

        So, if you use packet, you are considered multi-single and are limited to 6
        band changes per hour.

        73,

        Bob W5OV

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
          Bob:

          Thanks for the response. I have never run this contest before, and I now
          have all the BPF's I to attempt SO2R. I will for certain be running without
          assistance!

          73

          Rich, AJ3G