HNY-contest

  • Fred Ockert
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
      hello,
      used N1mm in AGCW-HNY-Contest, works bit unusual.
      It is not needed to log the NM (empty field for agcw-number is o.k.)

      Question: how I can get a correct logfile ?

      need
      date + time + band + my_call+ rst_sent+ nr_sent + call + rst_rcv +
      nr_rcv + acgw_number (if exists)

      but n1mm does not export the received_nr (tried text-file and cabrillo)

      rescoring can be done with LM ...but need a correct (ascii) file
      any hints welcome

      73
      Fred
      dl5ym
    • Nick, NA3M
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
        Fred,

        the Cabrillo (and General) log file problem will be fixed later today. I
        will let you know (here in the group) when temporary new exe is available.
        It will allow you to create correct log.

        73, Nick NA3M

      • Nick, NA3M
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
          Fred and Rien,

          I fixed the Cabrillo/General log files and also the multiplier problem. If
          you are still interested here is new exe file go to:

          ftp://ftp.atigauge.com/Utilities/

          Download file: N1MM-testexeV9.12.4_rev_B.exe

          Install it on top of your current version and rescore the contest. This will
          correct missed multiplier problem. Then you can generate Cabrillo or General
          log files.

          When you are done you can install the latest official release back. Those
          fixes will be included into the next release.

          73, Nick NA3M

          _____

          the Cabrillo (and General) log file problem will be fixed later today. I
          will let you know (here in the group) when temporary new exe is available.
          It will allow you to create correct log.

          73, Nick NA3M

        • pa3arm
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 5, 2010
            Nick,
            I just installed V9.12.7 and re created the cabrillo log.
            Miss the issued AGCW nr (895 hr) and also the 4th digit of wkd AGCW members is not printed; all numbers are 3 digits only (eg 354 instead of 3548).
            Noted also the excchange set up instruction still says "NM or AGCW nr"

            in 2009 I used the RAEM module es set up 001 895 (changed 12N34W)into 895 es it wkd perfectly. Cabrillo shud list 599 001 895 as sent info 599 002 895 etc
            Suggest U change "NM or AGCW nr" into 001 NM/AGCW nr (as RAEM)
            tks fer giving this all the attention

            73
            Harry
            PA3ARMK

            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Nick, NA3M" <na3m@...> wrote:

            > Fred and Rien,
            >

            > I fixed the Cabrillo/General log files and also the multiplier problem. If
            > you are still interested here is new exe file go to:
            >

            > ftp://ftp.atigauge.com/Utilities/
            >

            > Download file: N1MM-testexeV9.12.4_rev_B.exe
            >

            > Install it on top of your current version and rescore the contest. This will
            > correct missed multiplier problem. Then you can generate Cabrillo or General
            > log files.
            >
            > When you are done you can install the latest official release back. Those
            > fixes will be included into the next release.
            >

            > 73, Nick NA3M
            >

            > _____

          • pa3arm
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 5, 2010
              Addition:
              changing NM into a AGCW number or a AGCW number into NM does not say mult yes/no when logging
              see mi message 65289
              73
              Harry
              PA3ARM

              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "pa3arm" <pa3arm@...> wrote:

              > Nick,
              > I just installed V9.12.7 and re created the cabrillo log.
              > Miss the issued AGCW nr (895 hr) and also the 4th digit of wkd AGCW members is not printed; all numbers are 3 digits only (eg 354 instead of 3548).
              > Noted also the excchange set up instruction still says "NM or AGCW nr"
              >
              > in 2009 I used the RAEM module es set up 001 895 (changed 12N34W)into 895 es it wkd perfectly. Cabrillo shud list 599 001 895 as sent info 599 002 895 etc
              > Suggest U change "NM or AGCW nr" into 001 NM/AGCW nr (as RAEM)
              > tks fer giving this all the attention
              >
              > 73
              > Harry
              > PA3ARMK
              >

              > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Nick, NA3M" <na3m@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Fred and Rien,
              > >

              > > I fixed the Cabrillo/General log files and also the multiplier problem. If
              > > you are still interested here is new exe file go to:
              > >

              > > ftp://ftp.atigauge.com/Utilities/
              > >

              > > Download file: N1MM-testexeV9.12.4_rev_B.exe
              > >

              > > Install it on top of your current version and rescore the contest. This will
              > > correct missed multiplier problem. Then you can generate Cabrillo or General
              > > log files.
              > >
              > > When you are done you can install the latest official release back. Those
              > > fixes will be included into the next release.
              > >

              > > 73, Nick NA3M
              > >

              > > _____

            • Nick, NA3M
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 5, 2010
                Harry,

                I think I fixed them all. Please try it and let me know it anything is
                wrong.

                ftp://ftp.atigauge. <ftp://ftp.atigauge.com/Utilities/> com/Utilities/

                Download file: N1MM-testexeV9.12.6_AGCW.exe

                73, Nick NA3M

                _____

                --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogro <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
                "pa3arm" <pa3arm@...> wrote:

                > Nick,
                > I just installed V9.12.7 and re created the cabrillo log.
                > Miss the issued AGCW nr (895 hr) and also the 4th digit of wkd AGCW
                members is not printed; all numbers are 3 digits only (eg 354 instead of
                3548).
                > Noted also the excchange set up instruction still says "NM or AGCW nr"
                >
                > in 2009 I used the RAEM module es set up 001 895 (changed 12N34W)into 895
                es it wkd perfectly. Cabrillo shud list 599 001 895 as sent info 599 002 895
                etc
                > Suggest U change "NM or AGCW nr" into 001 NM/AGCW nr (as RAEM)
                > tks fer giving this all the attention
                >
                > 73
                > Harry
                > PA3ARMK
                >

                > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogro <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
                "Nick, NA3M" <na3m@> wrote:

                > > Fred and Rien,
                > >

                > > I fixed the Cabrillo/General log files and also the multiplier problem.
                If
                > > you are still interested here is new exe file go to:
                > >

                > > ftp://ftp.atigauge. <ftp://ftp.atigauge.com/Utilities/> com/Utilities/
                > >

                > > Download file: N1MM-testexeV9.12.4_rev_B.exe
                > >

                > > Install it on top of your current version and rescore the contest. This
                will
                > > correct missed multiplier problem. Then you can generate Cabrillo or
                General
                > > log files.
                > >
                > > When you are done you can install the latest official release back.
                Those
                > > fixes will be included into the next release.
                > >

                > > 73, Nick NA3M
                > >

                > > _____
                > >
                > > From: N1MMLogger@yahoogro <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com
                > > the Cabrillo (and General) log file problem will be fixed later today. I
                > > will let you know (here in the group) when temporary new exe is
                available.
                > > It will allow you to create correct log.
                > >
                > > 73, Nick NA3M

              • Corny, Df6fR
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 5, 2010
                  Hi Nick,

                  I didn't follow the thread the whole way thru, just subscribed to the
                  list now. I tested the newly fixed version and the cab export is ok
                  now. Thanks.

                  Should rescore find the missed multipliers? I am missing 3 mults on 40m
                  that were already worked on 80m, but mults are per band.

                  Thanks for the effort for this nice test,
                  73 de Corny, Df6fR

                  --
                  Cornell P Gonschior, Df6fR
                • Nick, NA3M
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 5, 2010
                    Hi Corny,

                    That is the question I always wanted to ask someone - are multipliers by
                    band or once per contest in AGCW-HNY?

                    It is not quite clear from the rules. I assumed it should be once per
                    contest and that is how it was implemented.

                    Correct me if I am wrong.

                    73, Nick NA3M

                    _____

                    <na3m@comcast. <mailto:na3m%40comcast.net> net>:

                    > Harry,
                    >

                    > I think I fixed them all. Please try it and let me know it anything is
                    > wrong.
                    >

                    > ftp://ftp.atigauge. <ftp://ftp.atigauge.
                    <ftp://ftp.atigauge.com/Utilities/> com/Utilities/> com/Utilities/

                    --
                    Cornell P Gonschior, Df6fR

                  • Corny, Df6fR
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 5, 2010
                      Hi Nick,

                      just found a mistake in the rules. In the english version it reads:

                      "Every worked AGCW member counts as multiplier point."

                      The translated german version reads:

                      "Every QSO with an AGCW member is a multiplier."
                      ("jedes QSO mit einem AGCW-Mitglied ergibt einen Multiplier")

                      The latter IMHO includes "dupes" on different bands, former does not.
                      I checked my older entries and I always had the multiplier by band.

                      73, Corny

                      PS: I send a carbon copy to the contest manager.

                      --
                      Cornell P Gonschior, Df6fR
                    • Nick, NA3M
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 5, 2010
                        Hi Corny,

                        Thanks for clarification. I made a change and updated file on ftp site (with
                        the same name).

                        I will submit it for official release soon.

                        73, Nick NA3M

                        --
                        Cornell P Gonschior, Df6fR

                      • Fred Ockert
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 6, 2010
                          Nick, NA3M schrieb:
                          > Hi Corny,
                          >

                          > That is the question I always wanted to ask someone - are multipliers by
                          > band or once per contest in AGCW-HNY?

                          per band
                          see: http://www.agcw.org/?Contests:Happy_New_Year_Contest

                          > It is not quite clear from the rules. I assumed it should be once per
                          > contest and that is how it was implemented.
                          >
                          > Correct me if I am wrong.

                          73
                          Fred
                        • pa3arm
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 6, 2010
                            Nick,
                            mi computer does not allow me to do this...right click "save target as" brings utilities in N1MM folder but consequent right click "save target as" on the file name gives error message "cannor download" "cannot find path" ..
                            Not familiar with programming and FTP files.
                            This is why I cud not create a cabrillo prior to release of 9.12.7 (ur message 65322)
                            Saw ur message this will be in the next release....so will wait and yes:
                            counting all AGCW memeber QSO's as multiplier is oke. Rules are a little bit unclear indeed.
                            Will challenge it though (agn) when I submit mi log to the contest manager. Will keep U informed.
                            73
                            Harry
                            PA3ARM

                          • Nick, NA3M
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 6, 2010
                              Harry,

                              I just sent the file to your Yahoo email address.

                              Nick NA3M

                              _____

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 7, 2010
                                Nick,
                                I installed the file. Cabrillo now perfect !! (even NM is gone hi).
                                I had 4 calls where I had to change NM into a number. 3 of them appeared to be calls I had copied wrong. (eg OM4J had to be OM4JD). In one instance it was a brandnew member. Found out that when U have to change a number into NM U first make the exchange in edit blank and re-enter NM. The log shows then mult No.
                                I do not know how U got the member list but guess the history file must be updated/made available for download each year.
                                Tell me if help is needed to do that.
                                TKS fer all....!!!!!
                                Harry

                                --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Nick, NA3M" <na3m@...> wrote:

                                > Harry,
                                >

                                > I just sent the file to your Yahoo email address.
                                >

                                > Nick NA3M
                                >

                                > _____

                              • Nick, NA3M
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jan 7, 2010
                                  Harry,

                                  Yes, I made the file a few weeks before the contest (took the list from
                                  AG-CW website) and asked Thomas PA1M to publish it on the logger website.

                                  That would be great if you can do it at the end of this year. You can send
                                  updated file to me or directly to Thomas for publishing.

                                  73, Nick NA3M

                                  _____