Re: [N1MM] Goals

  • Robert Chudek - K0RC
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2010
      "I'd like to revert to V9.11.0 to see if that will fix
      my Goal problem. Is it possible to revert? If so how?"

      Yes, you can move forward or backward within the version 9.x.x series of program updates. Just download the older version you want to test and install it as if it was an "upgrade".

      73 de Bob - K├śRC in MN

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2010
        On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@...>wrote:

        Yes, you can move forward or backward within the version 9.x.x series of
        > program updates. Just download the older version you want to test and
        > install it as if it was an "upgrade".

        Thanks Bob. I reverted to V9.11.0 and still no joy.

        Clicking on Goal, I have numbers in the columns, but the button still reads
        Goal = 0.

        Next, I tried importing 2009 Round-Up log. It still reads Goal = 0. When I
        click on the Goal button, rates from each of my 2009 hours are there. But,
        the button still reads Goal = 0.

        I'm at a lost on what to try next.

        73,

        Hank, W6SX

      • N1MM
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 1, 2010
          The button will show the goal for the current hour. If the contest has
          not yet started, you will not see a goal. If you want to simulate this,
          change the time on your computer to a time within the contest time
          period. The first hour of RTTY Roundup is 1800 on Jan 2. You should
          enter 118 as the hour (dhh) for the first hour.

          Tom - N1MM

          Hank Garretson wrote:
> [...]
          >> column. No joy.
          >>
          >> I am baffled, because it worked in the OK RTTY. The only change between OK
          >> RTTY and now, is I upgraded from V9.11.0 to V9.12.6.
          >>
          >> I'd like to revert to V9.11.0 to see if that will fix my Goal problem. Is
          >> it possible to revert? If so how?
          >>
          >> Any other thoughts or ideas? Anyone?
          >>
          >> 73,
          >>
          >> Hank, W6SX
          >>
          >> On 1/1/2010 12:24 AM, W6SX Hank Garretson wrote:
          >>
          >>> Help please. V9.12.6
          >>>
          >>> Something has changed. In the past, I've manually typed in Goals like
          >>>
          >> this
          >>
          >>> 0 50
          >>> 1 50
          >>> . .
          >>> . .
          >>> 23 50
          >>>
          >>> I used to get Goal = 50 in the Info window and I think a line across
          >>> the graph at 50. Now I get Goal = 0 and no line.

          >>> 101 50
          >>> etc
          >>>
          >>> Still get Goal = 0 and no line.
          >>>
          >>> What has changed and/or what am I doing wrong?
          >>>

          >>> 73,
          >>>
          >>> Hank, W6SX

        • Hank Garretson
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 2, 2010
            On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 11:45 PM, N1MM <tfwagner@...> wrote:

            > The button will show the goal for the current hour. If the contest has
            > not yet started, you will not see a goal. If you want to simulate this,
            > change the time on your computer to a time within the contest time
            > period. The first hour of RTTY Roundup is 1800 on Jan 2. You should
            > enter 118 as the hour (dhh) for the first hour.

            Thank you Tom.

            I changed computer date and time as you suggested and Goals started
            working. Thank you.

            But, ... after changing computer date and time back to the real time, it
            still works. For a test, I opened a new CQ WPX RTTY log in the database
            with the Start Date as 13 Feb 10. Goals still work with the goals loaded
            for RTTY Round-Up.

            So, Goals is back to working the way it did for me before. I'm not sure
            what caused the hiccup. It's a mystery to me.

            Thanks for a super program Tom. Thanks to all the members of your top-notch
            team. And, thanks to N4ZR and K0RC for your help.

            73,

            Hank, W6SX

            Mammoth Lakes, California

            Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light

          • g3vao
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 4, 2010
              Hank you seem to have solved the problem, however, I also had been seeing the same problem but discovered if I exported the changed goals and then reimported them, the problem went away and I saw the targets and line in the info window.

              Maybe just another way around the problem!

              HNY to all

              Mike
              G3VAO

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 4, 2010
                On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 12:41 AM, g3vao <G3VAO@...> wrote:

                > Hank you seem to have solved the problem, however, I also had been
                > seeing the same problem but discovered if I exported the changed goals and
                > then reimported them, the problem went away and I saw the targets and line
                > in the info window.

                Thanks Mike,

                Not sure I solved the problem. Like you, the problem went away. Everything
                worked as I wanted in the RTTY Round-Up, so I'm a happy camper. Think it
                may have had something to do with quitting and restarting N1MM and rebooting
                the computer. It's a mystery, but it's working!