Skimmer Spots Not On bandmap

  • n3cw
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
      Hello,
      Am trying out Skimmer as my telnet cluster...when using my regular telnet connection, spots go to the bandmap fine. When using Skimmer, I see the spots in the N1MM telnet window, but they just don't populate the bandmap. Calls are appropriate for the filters so they should be going thru to the bandmap. I'll bet this is something very basic, but what to check?
      --Ed--
    • pa1t@xs4all.nl
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
        Ed

        go to the k1ttt website and downloas the program wintelnetx

        Ths program does what you want.

        73 timon pa1t

        > Hello,
        > Am trying out Skimmer as my telnet cluster...when using my regular
        > telnet connection, spots go to the bandmap fine. When using Skimmer,
        > I see the spots in the N1MM telnet window, but they just don't
        > populate the bandmap. Calls are appropriate for the filters so they
        > should be going thru to the bandmap. I'll bet this is something very
        > basic, but what to check?
        > --Ed--

      • n3cw
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
          Thanks I'll check that. Note though that I am just trying to get Skimmer to populate the bandmap by itself (using Skimmer ip as my telnet address). I am connecting because I see Skimmer spots in the N1MM telnet window, but no spots on the bandmap.

          Yes it would be nice to have both Internet spots and Skimmer spots, but I'm first trying to figure out why I can't just get Skimmer spots on the bandmap.

          73!
          --Ed--

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, pa1t@... wrote:

          > Ed
          >
          > go to the k1ttt website and downloas the program wintelnetx
          >
          > Ths program does what you want.
          >
          > 73 timon pa1t
          >

          > > Hello,
          > > Am trying out Skimmer as my telnet cluster...when using my regular
          > > telnet connection, spots go to the bandmap fine. When using Skimmer,
          > > I see the spots in the N1MM telnet window, but they just don't
          > > populate the bandmap. Calls are appropriate for the filters so they
          > > should be going thru to the bandmap. I'll bet this is something very
          > > basic, but what to check?
          > > --Ed--

        • Steve London
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
            In the bandmap, right click and choose "Why don't I see spots". That should give
            you a hint.

            73,
            Steve, N2IC

            n3cw wrote:
            > Thanks I'll check that. Note though that I am just trying to get Skimmer to
            > populate the bandmap by itself (using Skimmer ip as my telnet address). I am
            > connecting because I see Skimmer spots in the N1MM telnet window, but no
            > spots on the bandmap.
            >
            > Yes it would be nice to have both Internet spots and Skimmer spots, but I'm
            > first trying to figure out why I can't just get Skimmer spots on the bandmap.
            >

            > 73! --Ed--
            >

            > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, pa1t@... wrote:
            >> Ed
            >>
            >> go to the k1ttt website and downloas the program wintelnetx
            >>
            >> Ths program does what you want.
            >>
            >> 73 timon pa1t
            >>

            >>> Hello, Am trying out Skimmer as my telnet cluster...when using my regular
            >>> telnet connection, spots go to the bandmap fine. When using Skimmer, I
            >>> see the spots in the N1MM telnet window, but they just don't populate the
            >>> bandmap. Calls are appropriate for the filters so they should be going
            >>> thru to the bandmap. I'll bet this is something very basic, but what to
            >>> check? --Ed--

          • K1TTT
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
              You only need wintelnetx if you want to merge spots from more than one
              source. You should be able to see skimmer spots just by connecting from
              your telnet window to the skimmer port. Try it on mine at k1ttt.net ports
              7301(regular skimmer) or 7300(skimmer server).

              David Robbins K1TTT
              e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@...
              web: http://www.k1ttt.net

            • n3cw
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
                Hi Steve,
                Just figured it out...cockpit error. I didn't have the right virtual port enabled in LP-Bridge, so Skimmer wasn't passing the info to N1MM.
                --Ed--

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
                  Which version of N1MM? Do you have "Allow HF" checked in the packet
                  filter sub-menu?

                  73, Pete N4ZR
                  New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
                  The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com