Re: [N1MM] Newbie question

  • Tom Osborne
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
      What operating system?
      What version are you using?
      What comport are you using?

      I'm using 3 USB to serial cables on my laptop and it's working fine. 73

      Tom W7WHY

      > I've been using CT for a long time and I have it set up to send CW through
      > my computer's COM port.
      >
      > New computer is a mini-laptop with only USB ports -- no COM port, no LPT
      > port.
      >
      > I purchased a USB-to-RS232 adapter, installed it with its drivers, but it
      > does not appear to be working like a COM port -- can't send through it.
      >
      > Question: Does N1MM support keying the rig through a USB port -- or not --
      > or, how do I key the rig with N1MM and no COM or LPT ports?
      >
      > Thanks.
    • Iain MacDonnell - N6ML
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
        I built a WKUSB this afternoon, and have to concur that it "just works".

        Synchronised speed may not necessarily be a good thing, though -
        usually if you're grabbing for the paddle during the contest, it's
        because your canned messages were not understood, so you may want to
        QRS a bit...

        ~Iain / N6ML

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2009
          On the Winkey tab in the Configurer, you can decide whether or not to
          have MM ignore the Winkey speed pot, then adjust the pot to taste for
          your manual speed.

          73, Pete N4ZR
          New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com