Macro key colors

  • kp4ed_1
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
      Hello N1MM Friends:

      Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?

      Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED
    • Vilnis YL2KF
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
        Hello Luis,
        Firs time heard , is it really N1MM ? Perhaps maybe MixW or some other
        software.
        brgds
        Vilnis

        kp4ed_1 wrote:
        > Hello N1MM Friends:
        >
        > Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?
        >
        > Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED

        > http://www.eset.com

      • Claude Du Berger
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
          It is probably RCKlog Choice of 3 colors.

          kp4ed_1 wrote:
          > Hello N1MM Friends:
          >
          > Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?
          >
          > Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED

          > http://www.eset.com

        • Luis E. De Jesús
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
            Hello Vilnis:

            Yes the software is N1MM and I am watching the QSO window at this time The color I used to identify three keys is blue.I hope somebody can assist further since this helps a lot to speed qso's.

            Best 73 de Luis, KP4ED

            kp4ed_1 wrote:
            > Hello N1MM Friends:
            >
            > Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?
            >
            > Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED

            > http://www.eset.com

          • Luis E. De Jesús
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
              Hello Clyde:

              Sorry about my ignorance but I do not know about RCKlog. Is it within N1MM or another independent software?

              73, Luis KP4ED

              kp4ed_1 wrote:
              > Hello N1MM Friends:
              >
              > Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?
              >
              > Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED

              > http://www.eset.com

            • Rick Ellison
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
                Luis..
                The only color that is used on the macro keys is a pale blue that designates
                which key is going to be sent when you have ESM turned on. There is no other
                means to make the background of any of the macro keys different colors...

                73 Rick N2AMG

                kp4ed_1 wrote:
                > Hello N1MM Friends:
                >
                > Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot
                how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?

                > Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED

                > http://www.eset.com

              • Luis E. De Jesús
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
                  Hello Rick:

                  Yes I have used only the pale blue that you mentionedon the three keys that I assigned

                  I am hopeful that your refreshing me the particulars will allow me to repeat it.

                  Thanks very much es best 73,

                  Luis KP4ED

                  kp4ed_1 wrote:
                  > Hello N1MM Friends:
                  >
                  > Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot
                  how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?

                  > Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED

                  > http://www.eset.com

                • Rob - G4LMW
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
                    Luis

                    As Rick says, the colour of the keys is not something that you can
                    determine. There is no such feature in N1MM.

                    The pale blue denotes which keys will be auctioned "next" when in ESM (Enter
                    Sends Message) mode.

                    73, Rob
                    G4LMW
                    http://www.G4LMW.co.uk

                    kp4ed_1 wrote:
                    > Hello N1MM Friends:
                    >
                    > Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot
                    how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?

                    > Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED

                    > http://www.eset.com

                  • Luis E. De Jesús
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
                      Hello Rob:

                      Thanks for clarifying me further on the use of the pale blue color of the keys.

                      I had forgotten the use and thought thare were other colors available after a fairly long time of inactivity of this software.

                      Best 73 de Luis, KP4ED

                      kp4ed_1 wrote:
                      > Hello N1MM Friends:
                      >
                      > Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot
                      how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?

                      > Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED

                      > http://www.eset.com

                    • ve3iay
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
                        Luis,

                        To turn this back on, go to the Config menu and select "Enter sends messages (ESM mode)".

                        73,
                        Rich VE3KI

                        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Luis E. De Jesús <kp4ed@...> wrote:

                        > Hello Rick:
                        >
                        > Yes I have used only the pale blue that you mentionedon the three keys that I assigned
                        >
                        > I am hopeful that your refreshing me the particulars will allow me to repeat it.
                        >
                        > Thanks very much es best 73,
                        >
                        > Luis KP4ED

                      • Rob - G4LMW
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
                          Darned spell-checker....

                          "auctioned" should of course read "actioned" in my last message

                          73, Rob
                          G4LMW
                          http://www.G4LMW.co.uk

                          > As Rick says, the colour of the keys is not something that you can
                          > determine. There is no such feature in N1MM.
                          >
                          > The pale blue denotes which keys will be auctioned "next" when in ESM
                          > (Enter
                          > Sends Message) mode.
                          >
                          > 73, Rob
                          > G4LMW
                          > http://www.G4LMW.co.uk

                        • Luis E. De Jesús
                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
                            Hello Rob:

                            I understand the use and tested the ESM mode of those keys that are identified pale blue but still I do not know how to set this color to the keys that I wish.

                            I will appreciate you explain, if possible. Can't remember this still....

                            73, Luis

                            kp4ed_1 wrote:
                            > Hello N1MM Friends:
                            >
                            > Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot
                            how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?

                            > Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED

                            > http://www.eset.com

                          • Rick Ellison
                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
                              You can't change that color to the color you wish. It is a default color in
                              the program that cannot be changed...

                              73 Rick N2AMG

                              kp4ed_1 wrote:
                              > Hello N1MM Friends:
                              >
                              > Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot
                              how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?

                              > Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED

                              > http://www.eset.com

                            • Robert Chudek - K0RC
                              Message 14 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
                                Luis,

                                Select "Configurer" and then select the "Function Keys" tab. Along the bottom of this window you can assign which key performs a specific operation.

                                When in ESM mode, the colors "should" follow the sequence you have programmed. (I have not tested this so I am "assuming" the blue color will follow your key assignments.)

                                73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

                                "On the other hand... I wear a glove."

                                kp4ed_1 wrote:
                                > Hello N1MM Friends:
                                >
                                > Long time ago I was able to assign colors to my macro keys but forgot
                                how to edit them. Can anybody refresh me on this matter?

                                > Thanks on advance, Luis KP4ED

                                > http://www.eset.com

                              • Robert Chudek - K0RC
                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 2, 2009
                                  If this isn't the answer, the other thing I can think of is WinWarbler, part of the DXLab Suite by AA6YQ. You can assign colors to any of the function keys in this program. Maybe this was the program you remember having this feature?

                                  -Bob