Rover questions

  • John, K3CT
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25 4:19 PM
      I have questions for users that operate as rovers in contests. If you you
      can help, send
      me your email address and I will reply to users direct, maybe with a group
      email.

      If you have used other programs that support roving, mention that in your
      email.

      John, K3CT
    • Larry Benko
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25 7:05 PM
        John,

        Are you looking for mobiles or specifically rovers?

        If mobiles count, this year I did the 7QP, NEQP, MARAC, and INQP
        contests as a mobile in the 7QP during the 7QP hours and outside the 7QP
        for the remaining hours. I won both the 7QP and the MARAC contests and
        who knows when the NEQP results will be posted. I have over 30K
        contacts as a mobile in contests. This year I was trying to use N1MM
        but couldn't get everything straightened out due to the multiple
        abbreviations etc. so I went back to WriteLog with a custom module that
        Steve Woodruff N9OH wrote for me that allowed free form entry of the
        counties. This worked quite well but I did have some work reconciling
        all the different abbreviations when I got home. Is my experience of
        any value to you?

        73,
        Larry Benko, W0QE