Re: [N1MM] RE: N4WO

  • Rex Maner
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2009
      (((And what is that Quack business?)))

      Well the Quack thing started in the early 70's when I had the Call of W5QQQ
      and did SS phone from W7RM ,
      I used the phonetics of W5 QUACK QUACK QUACK, . A good friend K7VPF now
      K7JA Chip ( Chirp ) Yes he now works for Heil and before that at Yaesu USA
      an Yaesu in Japan ,lived less than 1/2 mile from my home QTH and has called
      me Quack ever since.

      Now You know th e Quack Story,
      Oh yes the year I operated from W7RM in SS Chirp /K7VPF won the SS phone
      and he operated from my home station in Tacoma. For some reason that I
      won't go into here we had identical scores but My logs got left in a desk
      drawer and never sent in.
      For a few years Chip won SS phone from W7RM, and a few other places
      (((Haven't you grown up yet?)))

      I hope not I still play with the Radio 77 and counting.

      Rex aka Quack

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2009
        Well, at 71, you still sound awful silly to me. YOU may think it's cute, but
        I doubt very many agree with you.

        Tom - W4BQF

        http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/BLSrjpYYjRTVXmRw3tXpC0k0wDZCS
        > YuGSzjwjuvy5PDb0rR3mz7ObCYRSFK/

        06:09:00

      • Hardy Landskov
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2009
          I met you several times at Fresno/Visalia with the W7RM group. Always wondered if you were SK or whatever happened. Glad to see you are still with us!
          Hardy N7RT

          >I think you have that statement misquoted? It should be 'the only dumb
          > questions are from the ones who do not take the time to read either the
          > Quick Start Guide or the Manual'. What in the hell do you think folks
          > spent
          > hours writing those documents for? And what is that Quack business?
          > Haven't
          > you grown up yet?
          >
          > Tom - W4BQF

          06:09:00

        • Tom Osborne
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2009
            I say lighten up Tom. What's the big deal??
            Tom W7WHY

            > Well, at 71, you still sound awful silly to me. YOU may think it's cute,
            > but
            > I doubt very many agree with you.
            >
            > Tom - W4BQF
          • Dale Putnam
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 2, 2009
              NOW I know why Rex is so cool!. and a great sense of timing and ability too...

              QQ was found in a contest, ... and after a couple calls in the log....

              Then.. on another band... another entry in the log... lots and lots of S&P between.. without much luck.... another band... another entry... more S&P.. more ..no additions to the log.... another band... another entry... how does this guy do it?

              He's everywhere.... after the contest... another entry... wait... caught him... and a nice conversation... and it kept up... almost every time I started in a contest... there he was... QQ.... what a deal... I got to where I could almost count on QQ to be the mult, the entry.. the Q... what ever was needed... and always a kind word, note, comment... wow! Great inspiration, and guide.

              Very nice Rex.. always wondered about the QQ.. and now I know..

              Thanks,... for the story.. and the years of Qs... may they not slow.....!!

              --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy