Re: [N1MM] CW information

  • Mike KS0T
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
      Yes,

      What a brilliant concept!
      I think I read something about that in the manual several years ago.
      I wish I new your call, Rad __470, so I could send you a FB OM!

      73, Mike KS0T

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
        If you use cut numbers I will not work you
        Andy - VA3PL

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
          The subject of "cut numbers" has been discussed at length on other
          reflectors. The concensus was that, with the exception of 5NN for RST and
          possibly leading zeros in serial numbers, if you send cut numbers the small
          gain in time saved will cost you far more in lost time caused by requests
          for repeats.

          So, send at your own peril.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
            Hi Andy,

            I am as against Cut Numbers as you are. But just in case you missed it, you
            can enter the Cut Number letter and N1MM Logger will convert it to the
            correct number. I discovered this by accident this weekend.

            I still hate cut numbers. I can never remember them other than 0 and 9.
            And if T = 0, why doesn't E = 5 instead of S? Cut Numbers slow me down and
            make me ask for repeats. That slows the speed demon using the Cut Numbers.
            Well, it did until I discovered N1MM Logger's auto-conversion.

            73 Art W2NRA
            "Keep to the Code!"
            w2nra.com
            > If you use cut numbers I will not work you
            > Andy - VA3PL
          • Rex Maner
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
              CUT My contact also, I dont like that ANT for 190, I got enough of
              them running around in the yard but NO ANT in my radio please.

              > If you use cut numbers I will not work you
              > Andy - VA3PL

              06:09:00

              Improve your driving ability with a stop at traffic school. Click now!
              http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/BLSrjpYZTbQyGxuaixtvFchcq2kxpNAN6Mr1M0fje5MtwmXpdCZMtcerKW8/
            • Art Searle W2NRA
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
                Hi Rex,

                You don't have to have all 24 messages. I have 14. My first 12 macros are
                my Run macros. S&P 1, 2 and 3 are different than my Run macros but S&P 4
                thru 12 are blank so they repeat exactly what I have in Run 4 thru 12. If
                you did this then your F9 Run macro would be the same as your F9 S&P macro
                even though F9 S&P is blank. You only have to fill in S&P macros that are
                different than Run macros but you do have to maintain the sequence.

                On Cut numbers - if you copied ANT in your head and typed ANT in your Entry
                window report box, it would be instantaneously converted to 190. No
                thinking involved!

                73 Art W2NRA
                "Keep to the Code!"
                w2nra.com

                From: "Rex Maner" <k7qq@...>
                > Post contest I re-imported my Function key macro's and WOW there was
                > another place to program the F9 key ???

                AND

                > CUT My contact also, I dont like that ANT for 190, I got enough
                > of
                > them running around in the yard but NO ANT in my radio please.
              • Rad_ _470
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 2, 2009
                  Hello Mike,

                  My call is VE2HLS

                  73' de Serge

                  To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 2, 2009
                    Hello Ed,

                    Exactly the information I was looking for.

                    Thank you!

                    73' Serge VE2HLS

                    To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com
                    From: k1ep.list@...
                    Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 22:18:42 -0400

                    At 5/31/2009 10:02 PM, you wrote:

                    >Hello gang,
                    >

                    >Is lt possible to replace the numbers "0", "1" and "9" with "T", "A"
                    >and "N" when we are sending CW in a contest?
                    >
                    >It's much faster!
                    >
                    >If the answer is yes, were can it be done?

                    By checking the box that says, replace 0 1 9 with T A and N.

                    IF you haven't found it, it is under CONFIG->CONFIGURE PORTS->FUNCTION KEYS

                  • Andy Pfeiffer
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 31 7:48 AM
                      Test