Re: [N1MM] More on problems

  • Uffe Lindhardt
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
      Maybe you could take a look at this aswell ?

      The heading displayed in the bandmap next to the call, and based on
      the grid locator of the station from the history file, is not used
      when right-click "Turn rotor" is choosen.

      73 Uffe PA5DD

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Michael Keane K1MK <k1mk@...> wrote:

      > On 11/30/2008 5:00 PM, Richard Zalewski wrote:
      > > Here is an example of what I see some of the time and when this occurs
      > > I have the <alt><j> problem:
      > >
      > > VE7FO in entry window
      > > Shows 58 degrees short path and 238 long path (Wrong- from AZ)
      > > In bandmap shows 339 degrees....this is correct
      >
      > Sounds like that could be the difference between the heading to the
      > country file entry for VE (which probably defaults to a point somewhere
      > in the vicinity of Ottawa) and the correct heading to VE7.
      >
      > When I'm more recovered from CQWW I'll take a look at that part of the
      > code.
      >
      > 73,
      > Mike K1MK

    • Gerald Boutin
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
        Mike,

        From what I can tell, the issue is that the Info Window and Entry
        Window aren't being updated the way users would expect, at least when
        it comes to USA, VE and perhaps other areas that have multiple zones.
        The BM and Available Window headings seem to be OK.

        As you are tuning towards a spot, when the callsign appears in the
        callframe area, the Info & Entry Windows show a "default" heading.
        When a space is entered bringing the callsign into the entry callsign
        area, then the Entry window bearing is updated to the correct value.

        For example:
        N1MM in Bandmap - Bearing 249 (from VE1)

        Tune - N1MM goes into callframe
        Entry Window shows 272, Info Window shows USA - zone 5 - 272

        Space to get call into callsign area
        Entry Window updates to 249, Info Window still shows zone 5 default
        heading of 272

        --
        Gerald Boutin, VE1DT

        wrote:

        > On 11/30/2008 5:00 PM, Richard Zalewski wrote:
        > > Here is an example of what I see some of the time and when this
        occurs
        > > I have the <alt><j> problem:
        > >
        > > VE7FO in entry window
        > > Shows 58 degrees short path and 238 long path (Wrong- from AZ)
        > > In bandmap shows 339 degrees....this is correct
        >
        > Sounds like that could be the difference between the heading to the
        > country file entry for VE (which probably defaults to a point
        somewhere
        > in the vicinity of Ottawa) and the correct heading to VE7.
        >
        > When I'm more recovered from CQWW I'll take a look at that part of
        the
        > code.
        >
        > 73,
        > Mike K1MK

      • Richard Zalewski
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
          I am sure now I picked the wrong example. This has happened with
          non-US and non-Canadian stations. I will watch for it as I swing my 3
          element full size 160 meter this coming weekend.

          --
          Tnx es 73
          Dick W7ZR

          You will never get ahead trying to get even
        • Michael Keane K1MK
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 5, 2008
            Hi Uwwe,

            Would you be willing to test out a fix for this issue?

            73,
            Mike K1MK