FYI Split keyboard

  • rick darwicki
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2008
      I had some interesting problems in SS with my MS split keyboard.

      It has an F LOCK key near F12 and if you push it by mistake the F1 CQ key works but most of the others don't. So there I was sending CQ and then pushing F2 to send the exchange and nothing happened.

      It took awhile to figure out what was happening.

      With the lock key on, F1-F12 are normal, with it off the key have functions, F1 (help) is normal, F3 (redo) brings up Edit Contact window, F4 (new)is Enter Comment Window, F5 (open)is change operator window, F10 (spell) is normal and the others keys do nothing.

      Other keyboards may have similar quirks.