Re[2]: [N1MM] some features/improvements

  • Art RX9TX
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi folks,

      Monday, September 30, 2002 Rick Ellison wrote to N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com:

      >> 1. "LSB really means RTTY", like in WriteLog, would be a useful
      >> optional feature. All my QSOs, made with MMTTY engine with CI-V
      >> interface logged as SSB QSOs (IC-756 with CI-V in LSB mode).

      RE> I will talk to Tom about this. I thought it was already inthe code that if
      RE> the digital interface was open it would log the contacts as RTTY

      One more thing: they were recorded correctly as RTTY contacts in
      Cabrillo file, but as SSB contacts in ADIF. So I think the QSOs in
      .mdb database stored depending on transceiver mode.

      >> 2. Pushing "Insert" button puts the last captured call in the call
      >> window, but does not fill RST and ZONE fields unlike of clicking on
      >> the call. It must do the same like clicking on the "Grab" button and
      >> pushing "Enter" in "Enter" mode.

      RE> This will be fixed in next release of the interface....

      It must act like this: put last captured call in "call" window, fill
      RST and multiplier fields, transmit call and exchange number.

      >> 3. I do not like default font in main digital receiving window. Is
      >> it possible to add the fonts to choose from?

      RE> No..

      Thats pity.

      RE> Red - A new multiplier, work this one first!
      RE> Blue - You haven't worked this one before, get him.
      RE> Gray - Dupe or an unworkable station in a non-workable country. Don;t
      RE> bother working him

      OK

      >> 5. It is said that "Carriage Return" is added before and after every
      >> transmittion to split your transmittions from receiving text, but it
      >> doesn't work for me. I would like that feature.

      RE> If you want a carriage return in your macro you need to have that in the
      RE> macro {enter} or {enterlf} otherwise a return is not placed in the string....

      This is from the HELP file:

      ...... Before every transmission a separator/CR (Carriage Return) is
      sent to the terminal so it is easy to recognize where your
      transmission has started. ......

      So I suggested CR will be added automatically. And does "terminal"
      mean MMTTY?

      73...Art RX9TX 01.10.2002 7:24 UTC

      "Only one thing is ever guaranteed, that is that you will definitely not achieve the goal if you don't take the shot." (Wayne Gretzky)
    • Jim Martin
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
        --- In N1MMLogger@y..., Art RX9TX <rx9tx@e...> wrote:

        > >> 2. Pushing "Insert" button puts the last captured call in
        the call
        > >> window, but does not fill RST and ZONE fields unlike of
        clicking on
        > >> the call. It must do the same like clicking on the "Grab"
        button and
        > >> pushing "Enter" in "Enter" mode.
        >
        > RE> This will be fixed in next release of the interface....
        >
        > It must act like this: put last captured call in "call" window,
        fill
        > RST and multiplier fields, transmit call and exchange number.

        Don't have the insert button send the message. If you are sitting in
        a pile up the last grabbed call changes and it may not be the one you
        want! Let it fill in all the fields and have enter send the message
        and log the call.

        Jim MM0BQI
      • Rick Ellison
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002

          > >> 5. It is said that "Carriage Return" is added before and after every
          > >> transmittion to split your transmittions from receiving text, but it
          > >> doesn't work for me. I would like that feature.
          >
          >RE> If you want a carriage return in your macro you need to have that in the
          >RE> macro {enter} or {enterlf} otherwise a return is not placed in the
          >string....
          >
          >This is from the HELP file:
          >
          >...... Before every transmission a separator/CR (Carriage Return) is
          >sent to the terminal so it is easy to recognize where your
          >transmission has started. ......

          Art:
          I will have Thomas remove this from the help file. This was the way it was
          before the macro strings were added. I missed it in the proof reading the
          help file.

          73's Rick N2AMG
        • Art RX9TX
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
            Hi folks,

            Tuesday, October 1, 2002 Jim Martin wrote to N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com:

            >> It must act like this: put last captured call in "call" window,
            JM> fill
            >> RST and multiplier fields, transmit call and exchange number.

            JM> Don't have the insert button send the message. If you are sitting in
            JM> a pile up the last grabbed call changes and it may not be the one you
            JM> want! Let it fill in all the fields and have enter send the message
            JM> and log the call.

            No no. In a pile-up you can choose needed call and push "Grab" button.
            Or click on the desired call. Or just type it on the keyboard,
            moreover in the pileup all the calls are not printed correctly because
            of QRM. If the pile-up is not that huge, sending a message with
            "Insert" makes operating easy and pleasant.

            to Rick N2AMG: in S&P mode "Insert" button must act like this: send
            your call and put the desired call in the call window, reports and
            multiplier. When the station replies to you, pushing Enter sends the
            exchange number and logs the QSO.

            In CQ mode: "Enter" - CQ, "Insert" - puts the call, RST/multiplier,
            and sends the exchange message, and when another station replies,
            "Enter" logs the QSO and sends "TU, QRZ?"

            So this way you can win the contest pushing only 2 buttons without
            touching a mouse :)

            73...Art RX9TX 01.10.2002 12:55 UTC

            "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
            matter."(Martin Luther King)
          • ww3s@zoominternet.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
              Art is exactly correct; INS must send the highlighted call and exchange in run mode and fill in the fields. There is a huge difference between the ESM mode in N1MM and the others out there. Please don't take that away.

              73 Jamie WW3S