RE: [N1MM] Ropoco 2

  • Steve Campbell
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
      Hi Art
      I have tried that as I've entered a few dummy qsos in log but when you press F2 it just sends 5nn ??

      73's de Steve - GM4OSS

      To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com
      From: w2nra@...
      Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 09:26:32 -0400
      Subject: Re: [N1MM] Ropoco 2

      Hi Steve,

      {LASTEXCH} doesn't work for the first QSO. You have to send your own postal

      code for the first QSO. After that {LASTEXCH} will work fine.

      73 Art W2NRA

      "Keep to the Code!"

      w2nra.com

      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
        Hi Steve,

        I tried it too and it worked for me. What I did was put {LASTEXCH} in the
        contest setup in the Exchange box and I put {EXCH} in F2.

        73 Art W2NRA (G2NRA temporarily and illegally for test)
        "Keep to the Code!"
        w2nra.com

        > After using N1MM for IOTA I now want to try same for Ropoco tomorrow

        > instead of SD. The problem I have is F2 key for LASTEXCH. When I

        > enter; 5nn {LASTEXCH} When F2 is played it sends 5NN ??

        > I'm using ver 8.7.1. Is there something I'm doing wrong, if it is I

        > can't see it.

        > 73's de Steve

      • John, K3CT
        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
          Steve,

          The exchange of "??" is sent if there is a runtime error in the lastqso
          routine.

          Something is wrong in your configuration, track it down and submit a bug
          report so the program can be changed to trap this condition.

          Make sure the Sent Exchange in File | Open Log in Database is correct. If
          you have {LASTEXCHANGE} here, I think it is incorrect.

          To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com

          > After using N1MM for IOTA I now want to try same for Ropoco tomorrow

          > instead of SD. The problem I have is F2 key for LASTEXCH. When I

          > enter; 5nn {LASTEXCH} When F2 is played it sends 5NN ??

          > I'm using ver 8.7.1. Is there something I'm doing wrong, if it is I

          > can't see it.

          > 73's de Steve

        • John, K3CT
          Message 4 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
            I saw Art's email. Looks like I was incorrect with the information in the
            Exchange. Sorry.

            John

            > The exchange of "??" is sent if there is a runtime error in the lastqso
            > routine.
            >
            > Something is wrong in your configuration, track it down and submit a bug
            > report so the program can be changed to trap this condition.
            >
            > Make sure the Sent Exchange in File | Open Log in Database is correct. If
            > you have {LASTEXCHANGE} here, I think it is incorrect.
            >
            > John, K3CT

          • Barry GM3YEH
            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
              I'm having exactly the same problem that Steve describes.

              Using ESM on RUN the sent message is:
              callsign 5NN ?? (should be callsign 5NN {LASTEXCH})
              and the F8 (AGN) button becomes (and stays) active.

              Using ESM on S&P the sent message is:
              5NN AGN (should be 5NN {LASTEXCH})
              and the F8 (AGN) button becomes (and stays) active.

              73 de Barry GM3YEH

              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "John, K3CT" <k3ct@...> wrote:

              > I saw Art's email. Looks like I was incorrect with the information
              in the
              > Exchange. Sorry.
              >
              > John

            • Art Searle W2NRA
              Message 6 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                OK, another possibility, traditionally United Kingdom postal codes contain a
                space. In N1MM Logger you have to enter the postal code without spaces.

                73 Art W2NRA
                "Keep to the Code!"
                w2nra.com
                > I'm having exactly the same problem that Steve describes.
                >
                > Using ESM on RUN the sent message is:
                > callsign 5NN ?? (should be callsign 5NN {LASTEXCH})
                > and the F8 (AGN) button becomes (and stays) active.
                >
                > Using ESM on S&P the sent message is:
                > 5NN AGN (should be 5NN {LASTEXCH})
                > and the F8 (AGN) button becomes (and stays) active.
                >
                > 73 de Barry GM3YEH
                >
                > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "John, K3CT" <k3ct@...> wrote:
                >>

                >> I saw Art's email. Looks like I was incorrect with the information
                > in the
                >> Exchange. Sorry.
                >>
                >> John

              • Barry GM3YEH
                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                  Thanks Art...tried that one already. It's the same with and without
                  the space in the postcode.
                  73 de Barry GM3YEH.

                  --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@...>
                  wrote:

                  > OK, another possibility, traditionally United Kingdom postal codes
                  contain a
                  > space. In N1MM Logger you have to enter the postal code without
                  spaces.

                  > 73 Art W2NRA
                  > "Keep to the Code!"
                  > w2nra.com

                • Clive Whelan
                  Message 8 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                    I confirm what the boys are saying that {LASTEXCH} just ain't working,
                    and simply produces ?? as they say. I know that it did when first
                    implemented, so I guess that summat broke it in the meanwhile?

                    This is really a shame as the contest is only about 12 hours away now :-(

                    73

                    Clive
                    GW3NJW

                    Barry GM3YEH wrote:

                    > Thanks Art...tried that one already. It's the same with and without
                    > the space in the postcode.
                    > 73 de Barry GM3YEH.
                    >
                    > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com
                    > <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com>, Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > OK, another possibility, traditionally United Kingdom postal codes
                    > contain a
                    > > space. In N1MM Logger you have to enter the postal code without
                    > spaces.
                    > >
                    > > 73 Art W2NRA
                    > > "Keep to the Code!"
                    > > w2nra.com

                  • John, K3CT
                    Message 9 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                      I think there were emails saying it was working.

                      If not, I guess you can install version 7.12.24 that is when Ropoco was
                      added.

                      >I confirm what the boys are saying that {LASTEXCH} just ain't working,
                      > and simply produces ?? as they say. I know that it did when first
                      > implemented, so I guess that summat broke it in the meanwhile?
                      >
                      > This is really a shame as the contest is only about 12 hours away now :-(
                      >
                      > 73
                      >

                      > Clive
                      > GW3NJW
                      >
                      > Barry GM3YEH wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Thanks Art...tried that one already. It's the same with and without
                      >> the space in the postcode.
                      >> 73 de Barry GM3YEH.
                      >>
                      >> --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com
                      >> <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com>, Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@...>
                      >> wrote:
                      >> >
                      >> > OK, another possibility, traditionally United Kingdom postal codes
                      >> contain a
                      >> > space. In N1MM Logger you have to enter the postal code without
                      >> spaces.
                      >> >
                      >> > 73 Art W2NRA
                      >> > "Keep to the Code!"
                      >> > w2nra.com

                    • David, G3YYD
                      Message 10 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                        I tested 8.0.0 and that gives the ??. Cannot go back further as do not
                        have the base load for 7.x.x.

                        David G3YYD

                      • David, G3YYD
                        Message 11 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008

                          John, K3CT wrote:
                          > I think there were emails saying it was working.
                          >
                          > If not, I guess you can install version 7.12.24 that is when Ropoco was
                          > added.
                          >
                          > John, K3CT

                        • David, G3YYD
                          Message 12 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                            I tested 8.0.0 and that gives the exchange as ??. Cannot go back further

                            Message 13 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                              I then remembered when I changed to a new PC I had kept all the software
                              of the old PC in a 20GB back up file so found 7.12.21 which I updated to
                              7.12.24 and that works fine.

                              David G3YYD

                            • David, G3YYD
                              Message 14 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                                Further on I found that 7.12.25 is broken so I guess something done for
                                7.12.24 was not carried forward into 25.

                                David G3YYD
                              • Art Searle W2NRA
                                Message 15 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                                  I've got it. It does not seem to work with letters in the postal code. I
                                  was testing with 6 digits in the postal code. As soon as I tried real UK
                                  postal codes I got the double ditty-dum-dum-ditty.

                                  I'd guess the Postcode field has to be change to accept letters and numbers.

                                  73 Art W2NRA
                                  "Keep to the Code!"
                                  w2nra.com
                                  > I think there were emails saying it was working.
                                  >
                                  > If not, I guess you can install version 7.12.24 that is when Ropoco was
                                  > added.
                                  >
                                  > John, K3CT

                                • Clive Whelan
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                                    Well done David, exactly right!

                                    7.12.24 works just as it should. No doubt the gurus will leap on the
                                    problem, but it shouldn't be an issue now

                                    73

                                    Clive
                                    GW3NJW

                                    David, G3YYD wrote:

                                    > Further on I found that 7.12.25 is broken so I guess something done for
                                    > 7.12.24 was not carried forward into 25.
                                    >
                                    > David G3YYD

                                  • David, G3YYD
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                                      Art

                                      Had a look at the latest database with MS Access and see that field is
                                      set for numbers rather than TEXT. Pity as contest starts at 7000 UTC
                                      tomorrow (Sunday, 3 August). Tried to force it by changing database but
                                      N1MM is programmed too well(!), found the inconsistency and refused to
                                      start. Still can use 7.12.24

                                      David G3YYD

                                    • David, G3YYD
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                                        Typo meant 0700 UTC

                                        David, G3YYD wrote:
                                        > Art
                                        >
                                        > Had a look at the latest database with MS Access and see that field is
                                        > set for numbers rather than TEXT. Pity as contest starts at 7000 UTC
                                        > tomorrow (Sunday, 3 August). Tried to force it by changing database
                                        > but N1MM is programmed too well(!), found the inconsistency and
                                        > refused to start. Still can use 7.12.24
                                        >
                                        > David G3YYD
                                        >
                                        > Art Searle W2NRA wrote:
                                        >> I've got it. It does not seem to work with letters in the postal
                                        >> code. I was testing with 6 digits in the postal code. As soon as I
                                        >> tried real UK postal codes I got the double ditty-dum-dum-ditty.
                                        >>
                                        >> I'd guess the Postcode field has to be change to accept letters and
                                        >> numbers.
                                        >>
                                        >> 73 Art W2NRA
                                        >> "Keep to the Code!"
                                        >> w2nra.com
                                        >> ----- Original Message ----- From: "John, K3CT" <k3ct@...>
                                        >>

                                        >>> I think there were emails saying it was working.
                                        >>>
                                        >>> If not, I guess you can install version 7.12.24 that is when Ropoco was
                                        >>> added.
                                        >>>
                                        >>> John, K3CT
                                        >>>

                                        >>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Clive Whelan"
                                        >>> <clive.whelan@...>

                                      • Jerry Flanders
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                                          Used N1MM for the first time today in the TARA Grid RTTY contest.

                                          How do I make the file to upload to LOTW?

                                          Jerry W4UK
                                        • Chet, N8RA
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                                            Hi Jerry,

                                            file>export>ADIF>

                                            That ADIF file can then be signed and submitted.

                                            73
                                            Chet, N8RA

                                            _____

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                                              Thanks, Chet. I thought I needed a tqsl file. I will read up on the
                                              ADIF and do it that way.

                                              Jerry W4UK

                                              At 09:56 PM 8/2/2008, you wrote:
                                              >Hi Jerry,
                                              >
                                              >file>export>ADIF>
                                              >
                                              >That ADIF file can then be signed and submitted.
                                              >
                                              >73
                                              >Chet, N8RA
                                              >
                                              > _____

                                            • Don Moore
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                                                Jerry, you need the TQSL program from LOTw and have to have it reg
                                                with ARRL and then ARRL will issue you a password. The TQSL program is
                                                avail at https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/default

                                                73
                                                WB8MKH Don
                                                --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@...> wrote:

                                                > Thanks, Chet. I thought I needed a tqsl file. I will read up on the
                                                > ADIF and do it that way.
                                                >
                                                > Jerry W4UK
                                                >
                                                > At 09:56 PM 8/2/2008, you wrote:
                                                > >Hi Jerry,
                                                > >
                                                > >file>export>ADIF>
                                                > >
                                                > >That ADIF file can then be signed and submitted.
                                                > >
                                                > >73
                                                > >Chet, N8RA
                                                > >
                                                > > _____

                                              • Robert Chudek - K0RC
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                                                  Jerry,

                                                  Yes, you start with the ADIF file generated by N1MM and then you process it using the tQSL.exe program. That program will generate an encrypted *.TQ8 file which is what you upload into LoTW. Those are the couple of steps you do, but it's pretty easy after you've done it a couple of times.

                                                  73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

                                                  At 09:56 PM 8/2/2008, you wrote:
                                                  >Hi Jerry,
                                                  >
                                                  >file>export>ADIF>
                                                  >
                                                  >That ADIF file can then be signed and submitted.
                                                  >
                                                  >73
                                                  >Chet, N8RA
                                                  >
                                                  > _____

                                                • k7qq
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Aug 2, 2008
                                                    File--/ Export--/ choose Adif or Cabrillo ?

                                                    Easy Easy, Even Old guys can do it

                                                    Rex

                                                    > Used N1MM for the first time today in the TARA Grid RTTY contest.
                                                    >
                                                    > How do I make the file to upload to LOTW?
                                                    >
                                                    > Jerry W4UK

                                                    > 6:59 PM

                                                  • Art Burke
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Aug 3, 2008
                                                      You *do* still need TQSL. When Chet wrote that the ADIF file can
                                                      then be signed, he meant that it has to be run through TQSL
                                                      and "signed" i.e., encoded/encrypted, *then* uploaded to LoTW.

                                                      Create an ADIF file with N1MM (look under File | Export ), then
                                                      process that ADIF file through TQSL.

                                                      Art - N4PJ