Re: [N1MM] Icom Hex Codes

  • Edward Gisske
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
      Tom,
      See http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/civ-p31.html
      73,
      Ted
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@...>
      To: <N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 8:50 AM
      Subject: [N1MM] Icom Hex Codes

      > Does anyone have the default hex codes for the following Icom radios?
      > IC-706
      > IC-751
      > IC-756
      > IC-756Pro
      >
      > Tom Wagner - N1MM

    • Tom Wagner
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
        Thanks. I put the link into the code.

        Tom
        > > Does anyone have the default hex codes for the following Icom radios?
        > > IC-706
        > > IC-751
        > > IC-756
        > > IC-756Pro
        > >
        > > Tom Wagner - N1MM

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • JV
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
          Hi Ted
          I have a problem with this table. I am using 4EH on my 706MKIIG.
          The table shows 58. Who is right? My setup works OK.
          JV

          At 09:04 AM 9/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
          >Tom,
          >See
          ><http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/civ-p31.html>http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/c
          >iv-p31.html
          >73,
          >Ted

        • terry
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
            hello tom
            for the IC 756 the hex code is 50h
            thank s again fot the very good programme
            terry F5MOO (TY7Z)

            >Does anyone have the default hex codes for the following Icom radios?
            > IC-706
            > IC-751
            > IC-756
            > IC-756Pro
            >
            >Tom Wagner - N1MM
            >

            >To unsubscribe, send an email to:

          • JV
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
              Hi Ted
              I have a problem with this table. I am using 4EH on my 706MKIIG.
              The table shows 58. Who is right? My setup works OK.
              JV

              At 09:04 AM 9/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
              >Tom,
              >See
              ><http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/civ-p31.html>http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/c
              >iv-p31.html
              >73,
              >Ted

            • Edward Gisske
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
                JV,
                Icom generally assigns new default addresses for each upgrade. 4Eh is the
                address to the Mk2. It is possible to change the default address in most
                modern Icom rigs via a menu choice. The way Tom's code handled Icom rigs
                (before the current alpha testing configurer changes) was to sort out some
                Icom rigs by address like the 775 and 756Pro that are 2-receiver radios, and
                the 735, which uses a different data format, for special handling and just
                lump all other Icom rigs into a generic Icom group. What this means to you
                is as long as you didn't stumble into one of the "special" address
                categories, you could assign any address you wanted and your rig would work
                fine as long as N1MMLogger and the rig agreed on the address.
                This technique, which Tom has abandoned with his new configurer, required
                that the "special category" radios use the default address in order to work
                correctly, and did not allow the use of 2 identical rigs for SO2R operation,
                as they both would have had to use the same address.
                The new scheme will allow selection of Icom radio by type, and the
                assignment of any address that you want to any rig. A much improved idea!
                73,
                Ted
                > I have a problem with this table. I am using 4EH on my 706MKIIG.
                > The table shows 58. Who is right? My setup works OK.
                > JV
                >

                > At 09:04 AM 9/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
                > >Tom,
                > >See
                >
                ><http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/civ-p31.html>http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/c
                > >iv-p31.html
                > >73,
                > >Ted

              • JV
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
                  Ted
                  Thanks for the information. One question, my 706MKIIG works OK
                  with the 4Eh setting. Would it be advisable to change it to 58? BTW, it is
                  primarily used mobile with a RigBlaster/Laptop.
                  JV

                  At 09:59 AM 9/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
                  >JV,
                  >Icom generally assigns new default addresses for each upgrade. 4Eh is the
                  >address to the Mk2. It is possible to change the default address in most
                  >modern Icom rigs via a menu choice. The way Tom's code handled Icom rigs
                  >(before the current alpha testing configurer changes) was to sort out some
                  >Icom rigs by address like the 775 and 756Pro that are 2-receiver radios, and
                  >the 735, which uses a different data format, for special handling and just
                  >lump all other Icom rigs into a generic Icom group. What this means to you
                  >is as long as you didn't stumble into one of the "special" address
                  >categories, you could assign any address you wanted and your rig would work
                  >fine as long as N1MMLogger and the rig agreed on the address.
                  >This technique, which Tom has abandoned with his new configurer, required
                  >that the "special category" radios use the default address in order to work
                  >correctly, and did not allow the use of 2 identical rigs for SO2R operation,
                  >as they both would have had to use the same address.
                  >The new scheme will allow selection of Icom radio by type, and the
                  >assignment of any address that you want to any rig. A much improved idea!
                  >73,
                  >Ted
                • JV
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
                    Ted
                    I just notice another thing. Tom had asked for the 706 and I gave out the
                    information that I had on the MKIIG. To early in the morning. Sorry about
                    that. I also don't see very well but that is no excuse.
                    JV
                  • Edward Gisske
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
                      JV,
                      It won't make any difference, so just leave the address alone for the
                      moment. The MK2 and the MK2G are handled identically in the code. They are
                      both "Generic" Icom radios as far as Logger is concerned. When the new code
                      is released, just make sure that the address that you have chosen for your
                      MK2G is coincident with the one selected in configurer.
                      73,
                      Ted
                      K9IMM
                      > Thanks for the information. One question, my 706MKIIG works OK
                      > with the 4Eh setting. Would it be advisable to change it to 58? BTW, it is
                      > primarily used mobile with a RigBlaster/Laptop.
                      > JV
                      >

                      > At 09:59 AM 9/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
                      > >JV,
                      > >Icom generally assigns new default addresses for each upgrade. 4Eh is the
                      > >address to the Mk2. It is possible to change the default address in most
                      > >modern Icom rigs via a menu choice. The way Tom's code handled Icom rigs
                      > >(before the current alpha testing configurer changes) was to sort out
                      some
                      > >Icom rigs by address like the 775 and 756Pro that are 2-receiver radios,
                      and
                      > >the 735, which uses a different data format, for special handling and
                      just
                      > >lump all other Icom rigs into a generic Icom group. What this means to
                      you
                      > >is as long as you didn't stumble into one of the "special" address
                      > >categories, you could assign any address you wanted and your rig would
                      work
                      > >fine as long as N1MMLogger and the rig agreed on the address.
                      > >This technique, which Tom has abandoned with his new configurer, required
                      > >that the "special category" radios use the default address in order to
                      work
                      > >correctly, and did not allow the use of 2 identical rigs for SO2R
                      operation,
                      > >as they both would have had to use the same address.
                      > >The new scheme will allow selection of Icom radio by type, and the
                      > >assignment of any address that you want to any rig. A much improved idea!
                      > >73,
                      > >Ted

                    • Larry
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
                        Tom

                        756Pro is 5C

                        Larry WA2SRY
                        Does anyone have the default hex codes for the following Icom radios?
                        IC-706
                        IC-751
                        IC-756
                        IC-756Pro

                        Tom Wagner - N1MM

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      • Bruce Campbell
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
                          Hello Tom,

                          The hex code for the 706 is 58
                          The hex code for the 756pro is 5c

                          They also have a back door hex code that works for all ICOMs. I have only tried it on the two that I own (706 and 756pro). It works for both of them.

                          Thanks, Bruce
                          Does anyone have the default hex codes for the following Icom radios?
                          IC-706
                          IC-751
                          IC-756
                          IC-756Pro

                          Tom Wagner - N1MM

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          --- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by http://www.intouchmi.com]

                        • Bruce Campbell
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 8, 2002
                            They come from the factory with 58, but you can change it anytime you wish.

                            Bruce, W8HW