Re: [N1MM] SQL Wizard needed.

  • Brian Moran
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
      That "sliding window" problem is an interesting one,
      comes up in different ways with energies, vectors,
      etc...

      --- Tom Wagner <tfwagner@...> wrote:
      > Yes, in fact I found two. Unfortunately, there
      > doesn't seem to be an efficient way to solve this
      > problem in sql alone. I ended up using two
      > cursors and doing it in code.
      >
      > I'll probably have other sql puzzles to solve, so
      > keep watching.... ;-)
      >
      > 73,
      > Tom

      http://finance.yahoo.com
    • Tom Wagner
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
        It may, but the Jet engine didn't like joining a 2400
        row resultset to itself with embedded date logic.
        It took a minute on my minimum (PII 233MHz)
        machine to process one of the queries.

        The cursor version runs in about 1200 milliseconds
        per.

        If the task had not been a sliding one, sql would
        have been the answer.

        73,
        Tom