Frequency moving

  • ik2xsl
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2002
      Hi, now digital interface seems working, but I've got a little
      problem.
      On the bottom part of the digital window, frequency and shift
      sometimes are moving from the default ham values.
      None of the buttons at the bottom of the window are checked, just
      the "D".
      Clicking the ham button they move back to the default ham value, but
      if I wait a bit they start moving again.
      Radio is not connected, I was just testing the sw on the pc.
      What's wrong now??
      Bye, Marco - IK2XSL.
    • Rick Ellison
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2002
        Hi Marco..

        Try clicking the afc button on and off. I have noticed that sometimes it
        doesnt pick up that the afc should be off. This would be your reason for
        the mark frequency moving. It is searching for a signal. If your shift is
        moving also I would look in the setting of MMTTY (Setting/Setup MMTTY)
        and see that the shift is marks as fixed or Ham. this would stop it from
        moving....

        73's Rick N2AMG

        At 02:36 PM 8/30/2002 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi, now digital interface seems working, but I've got a little
        >problem.
        >On the bottom part of the digital window, frequency and shift
        >sometimes are moving from the default ham values.
        >None of the buttons at the bottom of the window are checked, just
        >the "D".
        >Clicking the ham button they move back to the default ham value, but
        >if I wait a bit they start moving again.
        >Radio is not connected, I was just testing the sw on the pc.
        >What's wrong now??
        >Bye, Marco - IK2XSL.
        >

        >To unsubscribe, send an email to:

      • ik2xsl
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
          --- In N1MMLogger@y..., Rick Ellison <rellison@t...> wrote:
          > Hi Marco..
          >
          > Try clicking the afc button on and off. I have noticed that
          sometimes it
          > doesnt pick up that the afc should be off. This would be your
          reason for
          > the mark frequency moving. It is searching for a signal. If your
          shift is
          > moving also I would look in the setting of MMTTY (Setting/Setup
          MMTTY)
          > and see that the shift is marks as fixed or Ham. this would stop it
          from
          > moving....

          Hi Rick, I'll give it a try. To make the mark frequency don't move I
          have to set it on then off again (it should work).
          I have noticed then, going on the mmtty settings and changing
          something, sometimes it doesn't do the job.
          I change the shift from free to ham, click ok, close and re-open
          digital interface, go again in the settings and shift is again free.
          If I remember well, this is not happening all the times, just
          sometimes.
          I played a bit trying to see frequency not moving, but when I noticed
          this, I believe to be on candid camera!!
          Please, give me your e-mail address, I'll send you the screen shot
          settings, so you can correct me.
          TIA, Marco - IK2XSL. (ik2xsl@...).