RE: [N1MM] Heading Different in Bandmap and Entry Frame

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
      Hi Bob,

      Have you check the latitude and longitude in your station data to make sure they are correct? If
      you see VA5DX reported at a bearing of 93 degrees(or even 17 degrees) from Atlanta, something is
      definitely amiss!

      I'm in Chattanooga so our bearings to VA5DX should be very close. If I self-spot him, the bandmap
      shows a correct bearing of 325 degrees. When I tune away then back to his frequency, the bandmap
      still shows 325 degrees but both the Info window and the Entry window display "VE - Canada, Zone 4,
      NA Bearing 20 degrees, 742 mi...etc". Of course this is a valid bearing for parts of Canada but not
      for VE/VA5. In doing similar tests on spots from European or even Carribean countries, all the
      bearings - bandmap/Info/Entry window - are the same.

      I don't know why it does not pick up the bearing previously calculated for VA5DX and displayed in
      the bandmap but instead gives a "generic" heading for Canada. But, no biggie (for me) in any case.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2008
        I notice the same, but far worse.
        Many stations in the bandmap are set at 315*, while in he entry
        window the heading is calculated OK. My station details are set OK.
        When a bandmap (like 17m) has focus then the heading of a new/updated
        entry is calculated OK. But when I switch to another band, most of
        the entries shown have a wrong heading in the bandmap-display.

        73, Aart PA3C