First try

  • n7or@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 7, 2001
      First attempt to run program, jumbled mess of windows all over
      screen, very non-intuitive.

      Go study help file, come back, now program will not run. Runtime
      error 91 no matter what.

      Very unimpressive.

      Hard to beat good old TRLog in dos, isnt it?

      I'll try again, but don't hold out much hope.
    • Tom Wagner
      Message 2 of 11 , May 8, 2001
        I have changed the next version to only open the
        Entry Window. The user can then "discover" the
        other windows. Someone suggested this a long
        time ago. I guess it's time to do it.

        Tom - N1MM
        Message 3 of 11 , May 8, 2001
          The non-modal window design is intentional.
          I disklike MDI. What is it about MDI that
          you feel is missing?

          Tom - N1MM
          Message 4 of 11 , May 8, 2001
            > I guess it is possible to create a window to contain all those forms (?)
            > It'll be really nice to have something like that.

            Yep.. Look at http://www.qsl.net/vk4wpx/layout.html or for a
            different size monitor http://www.qsl.net/vk4wpx/layout2.html

            John - vk4cej / wpx
          • CYBERGURUES

              > First time ever to try program. Opened with a big jumbled mess of
              non-
              > intuitive windows on top of each other.

              Hi,

              The first step would be to drag and resize the windows so they all
              fit on your screen. Note that some of tthe windows are not resizeable.

              73 de Pras, VU2PTT.

            • Tom Bernie
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 21, 2001
                Dear N7OR,

                When someone spends this much time and effort for "our" enjoyment they
                deserve encouragement and thanks. Even if you are having some trouble
                getting the program running correctly, the last thing that can be said is
                that it is "unimpressive." Troubleshoot, ask questions, and think outside
                of the box - remember it's a work in progress.

                Best wishes and 73,

                Tom Bernie K0TB