RE: [N1MM] DVK make me crazy !!

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2 3:54 AM
      What radio are you using? Does the correct frequency show in the top border of the Call Entry
      window and Bandmap?

      Ted W4NZ

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2 4:56 AM
        Hi,

        I'm using an ICom 737, but it's not really the problem, because I don't use
        DVK with TX !!
        Anyway, for more informations, here is the configuration:

        My transceiver is an ICOM737
        The CAT control is on the COM1.... All is working fine...
        The COM4 is use for CW typing... All is working also fine...
        The COM5 is the PTT switch for Digital modes and DVK (I repeat DVK is in
        fact only a WAV sound, sent from the sound card to microphone entry, and
        The transceiver switch in TRANSMIT mode because of COM5 commutation)

        This complete way of work is working fine in Logger32, my logbook software.
        I want to use N1MM for contests, because Logger32 is not really to run in
        contest mode.

        So with the same COM Ports, the same Wiring, the same computer...etc
        I should be able to do the same with N1MM than with Logger32...

        The only problem is when I want to use a Macro SSB (F1 for example: using
        file cq.wav), I didn't found how my COM5 switch the PTT on ! I tried ALL
        Possible configurations between DTR and RTS and nothing is working like it
        should....

        CAT control and CW keying is ok !
        Only missing (important function for contests.hi,hi,hi) is the DVK (Digital
        Voice Keyer) without any special material, only using sound card of computer
        and a small hardware interface (homemade, but simply using transistor and
        relay)...

        Any more info or idea ?

        Franck F8ADY

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 2 7:49 AM
          What settings do you have on the Audio tab in the configurer?
          Can you play your cq.wav file through the computer speakers?

          I'm using an ICom 737, but it's not really the problem, because I don't use
          DVK with TX !!
          Anyway, for more informations, here is the configuration:

          My transceiver is an ICOM737
          The CAT control is on the COM1.... All is working fine...
          The COM4 is use for CW typing... All is working also fine...
          The COM5 is the PTT switch for Digital modes and DVK (I repeat DVK is in
          fact only a WAV sound, sent from the sound card to microphone entry, and
          The transceiver switch in TRANSMIT mode because of COM5 commutation)

          This complete way of work is working fine in Logger32, my logbook software.
          I want to use N1MM for contests, because Logger32 is not really to run in
          contest mode.

          So with the same COM Ports, the same Wiring, the same computer...etc
          I should be able to do the same with N1MM than with Logger32...

          The only problem is when I want to use a Macro SSB (F1 for example: using
          file cq.wav), I didn't found how my COM5 switch the PTT on ! I tried ALL
          Possible configurations between DTR and RTS and nothing is working like it
          should....

          CAT control and CW keying is ok !
          Only missing (important function for contests.hi,hi,hi) is the DVK (Digital
          Voice Keyer) without any special material, only using sound card of computer
          and a small hardware interface (homemade, but simply using transistor and
          relay)...

          Any more info or idea ?

          Franck F8ADY

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • Franck
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2 9:56 AM
            Hello Ted, tnx for help...

            Settings for Audio are :
            1-Zero single card...etc
            Select device : "Realtek HD Audio output"
            Select input line : NOTHING
            Select Line to mute : NOTHING
            Recording bits : 24
            Recording sample rate : 44100 (Anyway, I won't record anything from
            here...)
            Radio input port : NOTHING

            I want to make you notice that in Digital mode all is OK !!
            I'm using the same COM Port and audio card !!

            In configuration, hardware section ,
            My COM5 is checked for 'Digital' and 'CW/others'
            The parameters are
            DTR : PTT
            RTS : Always off
            Radio/Vfo : 1
            PTT Delay : 100
            Allow ext interrups : CHECKED
            winkey : UNCHECKED
            MK2R : UNCHECKED
            Footswitch : NONE
            CW/PTT Port Adress : 2F0

            In SSB Mode, if I click on F1 function key (wav\{operator}\cq.wav) nothing
            happen !! No error message... Only the work "RUNNING" Light in blue light
            during 1 seconde... No hear sound, the transceiver stay in RECEIVE mode...

            And I repeat, in digimodes, using this COM, all is fine :-(

            I read all notices I found on the net for 3 days, and don't found
            anything...

            Tnx in advanced for help...

            Franck F8ADY

          • Joe Subich, W4TV
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 2 11:27 AM
              RealTek is a significant problem with N1MM Logger since it
              has separate mixers for input and output. The ONLY way to
              make RealTek work is to make it the "default" card in Windows
              and set N1MM Logger's Audio tab to "Default"

              73,

              ... Joe, W4TV

            • Franck
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 2 11:52 AM
                Hello,

                I tried to change to "default", but it's exactly the same...
                And I repeat, this configuration is working fine with same COM Port, in
                digimodes... why not in SSB ??

                Franck F8ADY

              • Steve London
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 2 3:33 PM
                  Let's back up a few steps...

                  I have Select Device set to "Realtek HD Audio Output". Select Input Line is
                  blank. Select Line to Mute is "Mic Volume".

                  Are you sure you have a pre-recorded wav file in Program Files\N1MM
                  Logger\wav\F8ADY\cq.wav ? You should be able to play that cq.wav file through
                  Windows Sound Recorder.

                  If that works, what happens if you simply use VOX, instead of PTT to control you
                  radio ? In your sound controls, do you have Master Volume turned up ? "Mute
                  all" should not be checked.

                  Let's get audio out of N1MM, into your radio, first. After that, we can work on
                  the PTT issue.

                  73,
                  Steve, N2IC

                • Franck
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 3 10:20 AM
                    Hello,

                    >I have Select Device set to "Realtek HD Audio Output". Select Input Line is
                    >blank. Select Line to Mute is "Mic Volume".
                    >
                    >Are you sure you have a pre-recorded wav file in Program Files\N1MM
                    >Logger\wav\F8ADY\cq.wav ? You should be able to play that cq.wav file
                    >through Windows Sound Recorder.

                    Yes, when I run F1 function, I play correctly the sound in computer
                    speaker...

                    >If that works, what happens if you simply use VOX, instead of PTT to
                    >control you radio ?

                    I have to use PTT... My transceiver and Mike don't have VOX capacity.. :-)

                    >In your sound controls, do you have Master Volume turned up ?
                    >"Mute all" should not be checked.
                    >Let's get audio out of N1MM, into your radio, first. After that, we can
                    >work on
                    >the PTT issue.

                    It's ok for audio, but still not PTT !! :-(

                    I don't understand why same COM port used in digital modes is working fine !

                    73,

                    Franck F8ADY

                    >73,
                    >Steve, N2IC
                    >

                    >Franck wrote:
                    >> Hello,
                    >>
                    >> I tried to change to "default", but it's exactly the same...
                    >> And I repeat, this configuration is working fine with same COM Port, in
                    >> digimodes... why not in SSB ??
                    >>
                    >> Franck F8ADY

                  • Steve London
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 4 3:50 PM
                      Try changing your PTT to COM4, so it is the same as the CW port, which you also
                      have on COM4. Yes, you will have to do so rewiring.

                      73,
                      Steve, N2IC

                    • Franck
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 6 12:07 PM
                        Hi Steve,

                        After many hours (should I tell DAYS ??), I finally would like to verify if
                        both com port work 100%... So like you purpose to me, I switched COM4 and
                        COM5 to see difference...
                        Incredible !! All is working fine Now !!!
                        So there is really a difference in N1MM, if using COM4 & COM5, because
                        switching these to ports, and their parameters in adware panel, I should
                        have one not working...
                        Tnx steve, the problem is no solved, but not the reason...
                        Perhaps someone of development team will be able to give more
                        informations...

                        73s, and tnx for help.

                        Franck