RE: [N1MM] DVK make me crazy !!

  • Franck
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008
      Hello,

      Following what i use in RTS and DTR listbox, I open or close the PTT port,
      but impossible to make PTT closing port when I run a macro (play wav
      sound)... Following parameters I tried, PTT is ALWAYS ON or ALWAYS OFF...
      Macro is not changing his state...

      I tried to use same parameters that I use in logger32 DVK but nothing
      work...

      Any idea ?

      Franck F8ADY

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008
        What radio are you using? Does the correct frequency show in the top border of the Call Entry
        window and Bandmap?

        Ted W4NZ

        Following what i use in RTS and DTR listbox, I open or close the PTT port,
        but impossible to make PTT closing port when I run a macro (play wav
        sound)... Following parameters I tried, PTT is ALWAYS ON or ALWAYS OFF...
        Macro is not changing his state...

        I tried to use same parameters that I use in logger32 DVK but nothing
        work...

        Any idea ?

        Franck F8ADY

      • Franck
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008
          Hi,

          I'm using an ICom 737, but it's not really the problem, because I don't use
          DVK with TX !!
          Anyway, for more informations, here is the configuration:

          My transceiver is an ICOM737
          The CAT control is on the COM1.... All is working fine...
          The COM4 is use for CW typing... All is working also fine...
          The COM5 is the PTT switch for Digital modes and DVK (I repeat DVK is in
          fact only a WAV sound, sent from the sound card to microphone entry, and
          The transceiver switch in TRANSMIT mode because of COM5 commutation)

          This complete way of work is working fine in Logger32, my logbook software.
          I want to use N1MM for contests, because Logger32 is not really to run in
          contest mode.

          So with the same COM Ports, the same Wiring, the same computer...etc
          I should be able to do the same with N1MM than with Logger32...

          The only problem is when I want to use a Macro SSB (F1 for example: using
          file cq.wav), I didn't found how my COM5 switch the PTT on ! I tried ALL
          Possible configurations between DTR and RTS and nothing is working like it
          should....

          CAT control and CW keying is ok !
          Only missing (important function for contests.hi,hi,hi) is the DVK (Digital
          Voice Keyer) without any special material, only using sound card of computer
          and a small hardware interface (homemade, but simply using transistor and
          relay)...

          Any more info or idea ?

          Franck F8ADY

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008
            What settings do you have on the Audio tab in the configurer?
            Can you play your cq.wav file through the computer speakers?

            I'm using an ICom 737, but it's not really the problem, because I don't use
            DVK with TX !!
            Anyway, for more informations, here is the configuration:

            My transceiver is an ICOM737
            The CAT control is on the COM1.... All is working fine...
            The COM4 is use for CW typing... All is working also fine...
            The COM5 is the PTT switch for Digital modes and DVK (I repeat DVK is in
            fact only a WAV sound, sent from the sound card to microphone entry, and
            The transceiver switch in TRANSMIT mode because of COM5 commutation)

            This complete way of work is working fine in Logger32, my logbook software.
            I want to use N1MM for contests, because Logger32 is not really to run in
            contest mode.

            So with the same COM Ports, the same Wiring, the same computer...etc
            I should be able to do the same with N1MM than with Logger32...

            The only problem is when I want to use a Macro SSB (F1 for example: using
            file cq.wav), I didn't found how my COM5 switch the PTT on ! I tried ALL
            Possible configurations between DTR and RTS and nothing is working like it
            should....

            CAT control and CW keying is ok !
            Only missing (important function for contests.hi,hi,hi) is the DVK (Digital
            Voice Keyer) without any special material, only using sound card of computer
            and a small hardware interface (homemade, but simply using transistor and
            relay)...

            Any more info or idea ?

            Franck F8ADY

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • Franck
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008
              Hello Ted, tnx for help...

              Settings for Audio are :
              1-Zero single card...etc
              Select device : "Realtek HD Audio output"
              Select input line : NOTHING
              Select Line to mute : NOTHING
              Recording bits : 24
              Recording sample rate : 44100 (Anyway, I won't record anything from
              here...)
              Radio input port : NOTHING

              I want to make you notice that in Digital mode all is OK !!
              I'm using the same COM Port and audio card !!

              In configuration, hardware section ,
              My COM5 is checked for 'Digital' and 'CW/others'
              The parameters are
              DTR : PTT
              RTS : Always off
              Radio/Vfo : 1
              PTT Delay : 100
              Allow ext interrups : CHECKED
              winkey : UNCHECKED
              MK2R : UNCHECKED
              Footswitch : NONE
              CW/PTT Port Adress : 2F0

              In SSB Mode, if I click on F1 function key (wav\{operator}\cq.wav) nothing
              happen !! No error message... Only the work "RUNNING" Light in blue light
              during 1 seconde... No hear sound, the transceiver stay in RECEIVE mode...

              And I repeat, in digimodes, using this COM, all is fine :-(

              I read all notices I found on the net for 3 days, and don't found
              anything...

              Tnx in advanced for help...

              Franck F8ADY

            • Joe Subich, W4TV
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008
                RealTek is a significant problem with N1MM Logger since it
                has separate mixers for input and output. The ONLY way to
                make RealTek work is to make it the "default" card in Windows
                and set N1MM Logger's Audio tab to "Default"

                73,

                ... Joe, W4TV

              • Franck
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008
                  Hello,

                  I tried to change to "default", but it's exactly the same...
                  And I repeat, this configuration is working fine with same COM Port, in
                  digimodes... why not in SSB ??

                  Franck F8ADY

                • Steve London
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008
                    Let's back up a few steps...

                    I have Select Device set to "Realtek HD Audio Output". Select Input Line is
                    blank. Select Line to Mute is "Mic Volume".

                    Are you sure you have a pre-recorded wav file in Program Files\N1MM
                    Logger\wav\F8ADY\cq.wav ? You should be able to play that cq.wav file through
                    Windows Sound Recorder.

                    If that works, what happens if you simply use VOX, instead of PTT to control you
                    radio ? In your sound controls, do you have Master Volume turned up ? "Mute
                    all" should not be checked.

                    Let's get audio out of N1MM, into your radio, first. After that, we can work on
                    the PTT issue.

                    73,
                    Steve, N2IC

                  • Franck
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 3, 2008
                      Hello,

                      >I have Select Device set to "Realtek HD Audio Output". Select Input Line is
                      >blank. Select Line to Mute is "Mic Volume".
                      >
                      >Are you sure you have a pre-recorded wav file in Program Files\N1MM
                      >Logger\wav\F8ADY\cq.wav ? You should be able to play that cq.wav file
                      >through Windows Sound Recorder.

                      Yes, when I run F1 function, I play correctly the sound in computer
                      speaker...

                      >If that works, what happens if you simply use VOX, instead of PTT to
                      >control you radio ?

                      I have to use PTT... My transceiver and Mike don't have VOX capacity.. :-)

                      >In your sound controls, do you have Master Volume turned up ?
                      >"Mute all" should not be checked.
                      >Let's get audio out of N1MM, into your radio, first. After that, we can
                      >work on
                      >the PTT issue.

                      It's ok for audio, but still not PTT !! :-(

                      I don't understand why same COM port used in digital modes is working fine !

                      73,

                      Franck F8ADY

                      >73,
                      >Steve, N2IC
                      >

                      >Franck wrote:
                      >> Hello,
                      >>
                      >> I tried to change to "default", but it's exactly the same...
                      >> And I repeat, this configuration is working fine with same COM Port, in
                      >> digimodes... why not in SSB ??
                      >>
                      >> Franck F8ADY

                    • Steve London
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 4, 2008
                        Try changing your PTT to COM4, so it is the same as the CW port, which you also
                        have on COM4. Yes, you will have to do so rewiring.

                        73,
                        Steve, N2IC

                      • Franck
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 6, 2008
                          Hi Steve,

                          After many hours (should I tell DAYS ??), I finally would like to verify if
                          both com port work 100%... So like you purpose to me, I switched COM4 and
                          COM5 to see difference...
                          Incredible !! All is working fine Now !!!
                          So there is really a difference in N1MM, if using COM4 & COM5, because
                          switching these to ports, and their parameters in adware panel, I should
                          have one not working...
                          Tnx steve, the problem is no solved, but not the reason...
                          Perhaps someone of development team will be able to give more
                          informations...

                          73s, and tnx for help.

                          Franck