Problem with multiple rotor control

  • cqn8cc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2008
      I am using N1MM Rotor to control Alfa Spid rotors on Coms 1, 3 and 4.
      In manual mode, I am able to select each individual rotor and it
      turns where it is supposed to. My problem is trying to get N1MM
      Logger to turn a stack (2 rotors at once). I believe I've set up both
      Rotor Setup and Configurer > Antennas correctly per the manual, but
      still the program only sends one of the two rotors to the desired
      heading. It seems to send the commands to the rotor that was last
      selected manually in N1MM Rotor, and no amount of Alt+F9'ing and
      Alt+J'ing seems to have any effect, other than in the little text box
      at the bottom of the entry screen.

      I have turned off the XP Firewall, even though I got no error popups,
      just to be sure it wasn't the culprit.

      I have the updated chips for the control boxes from Alfa Radio installed.

      I have a feeling I'm overlooking something obvious, but I need someone
      to clunk me with a rock to get me pointed in the right direction. Any
      suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Jeff - N8CC
    • n6rk
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "cqn8cc" <cqn8cc@...> wrote:

        > I am using N1MM Rotor to control Alfa Spid rotors on Coms 1, 3 and
        4.
        > In manual mode, I am able to select each individual rotor and it
        > turns where it is supposed to. My problem is trying to get N1MM

        > I have the updated chips for the control boxes from Alfa Radio
        installed.

        > Jeff - N8CC

        Do you have the antenas on the Alfa rotors north-centered?
        Does N1MM Rotor work correctly when going from, say, +10
        degrees to 350 degrees? IE, it should turn 20 degrees
        counterclockwise through north. What I am seeing is that
        it turns 340 degrees clockwise through south. Also, if it
        is on 340 degrees and 330 degrees is selected, it tried
        to turn 350 degrees clockwise.

        The control box works correctly with TRX Manager if
        the "reverse mounted" box is checked.

        What are details on the updated chips for the control boxes?
        I don't see anything on the Alfa Radio site about them.

        Thanks,

        Rick N6RK