Re: [N1MM] New Install under Vista

  • Guy Olinger, K2AV
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
      I thought it was really interesting that Fox News had Microsoft Vista on their
      "top" ten list of 2007 WORST products, right alongside a toilet paper holder
      that doubled as an Ipod stereo docking station.

      We sure are beating ourselves up to change everything so Vista will work with
      it. According to Fox, some fairly significant number of people are spending
      extra bux on new computers to get them with Windows XP instead.

      There is a REASON why people keep punching out Vista...it deserves it.

      73, Guy.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
        Mostly off-topic, but this one is too good not to throw out at this juncture...

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atTcylfV4lg&feature=related

        73...
        Randy, W8FN
      • Craig Cook
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
          Thai IPOD thing doesn't sound bad. I mean, I've listened to mine in there
          lots of times :-)

          On Jan 2, 2008 5:18 PM, Randy Farmer <w8fn@...> wrote:

          > Mostly off-topic, but this one is too good not to throw out at this
          > juncture...
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atTcylfV4lg&feature=related
          >
          > 73...
          > Randy, W8FN

        • John Klim, N3KHK
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
            It is truly written (by me):

            Do not buy a new operating system until 18 months after the initial release
            of the product; in addition at least one service pack has been released.

            -- de Retired Computer Scientist

            73 ES CUL
            Mr. John R. Klim II
            N3KHK
            ARRL LM-0008416263, AMSAT LM-2187, QRPARCI #10392, FISTS # 5015, MQFD
            #115,
            10-X Life Member # 68135, Springbok Chapter # 1874, Chesapeake Bay
            Chapter # 549