ADIF File Export Probs

  • Rod Greene
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008
      I seem to be having a problem exporting to standard ADIF. The file gets created
      okay, but the Section info isn't created. For example, I just exported my little RAC
      log to ADIF and it called the ARRL Sections "State". I also exported (to Std ADIF)
      my Stew Perry log. It didn't create the ARRL Section info nor did it created the
      "State" data. BTW, from looking at the ADIF specifications, it doesn't show any
      "State" data type, just ARRL Section.

      These little logs are easy to correct manually with a text editor, but it seems like
      N1MM should export this data type correctly.

      As always, I hope this is an operator error and one of you can set me straight. If
      anyone wants, I can send the ADIF files for scrutinity.

      73 and HNY to all - Rod

    • Richard Ferch
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008
        I think you are expecting the program to export information it does
        not have - all it can export is what was in the contest exchange.
        BTW, there certainly *is* a "State" field in ADIF.

        I believe part of your confusion may also arise from the fact that
        there are not separate "State" and "Section" fields in the N1MM log
        database. The "Section" field in the database is used for states in
        some contests and for ARRL sections in other contests, depending on
        the contest exchange.

        In the RAC contest, N1MM's "Section" field contains the province for
        VE contacts and is empty for other contacts. It is exported to ADIF
        as "STATE" for the VE contacts, which is correct according to the
        ADIF 2.0 spec (the old "VE_PROV" field in ADIF 1.0 has been moved
        into "STATE" in ADIF 2.0).

        In the NAQP, the "Section" field contains the state/province and it
        is correctly exported as "STATE" for both W/K and VE contacts.

        In the ARRL Sweepstakes, the "Section" field contains the ARRL
        section, and it is exported as "ARRL_SECT" in the ADIF file, which is
        correct. A general-purpose logging program like DXKeeper can figure
        out the state from the ARRL section on import, but N1MM Logger makes
        no attempt to do this on export.

        73,
        Rich VE3KI