Re: [N1MM] Telnet failed Winsock State = 1 Help - no spots

  • Jim Smith
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 30, 2007
      Hmm.. I think we may be talking about two different VE7CC's. One is
      the VE7CC spot cluster. The other is the AR User (also known as CC
      User) program, ve7cc.exe.

      It seems to me that what you described is the method used to set up N1MM
      to get spots directly from the VE7CC spot cluster without going through
      the filtering provided by ve7cc.exe. However, I'm no expert on this.

      When you do this do you get a window titled "CC Cluster User" (as shown
      at http://www.ve7cc.net/ ) which shows spots and lets you set all kinds
      of spot filters (and bozo filters for the eu flame wars) without having
      to type anything.

      However, discussion of ve7cc isn't relevant here because I can't get the
      packet/telnet window to connect to other clusters either (such as N5IN
      or AB5K), which means that it isn't a ve7cc.exe issue.

      73, Jim VE7FO

    • Dave, NJ4F
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2007
        Hey Jim, yes the window in n1mm in the AR User (didn't know that till I just
        checked). I don't do anything outside of n1mm except to enter my call and
        it works. Now I do log onto VE7CC's website occassionally, but do not do
        that when running n1mm. Like yourself, I'm no expert, but that is all I
        know about what to do.
        Dave

        Dave, NJ4F wrote:
        > Hey Jim,
        > I use VE7CC independently at times, don't remember what I did a year or
        so
        > ago to get the program going. But in n1mm , when I set n1mm up, all I
        did
        > was click on TELNET, and then select VE7CC from the drop down window,
        and,
        > of course, click on my call at the bottom right to start it going when I
        > bring up n1mm (I'm not sure how my call got there). I do not have to
        bring
        > up the VE7CC program independently for it to function in n1mm. Oh yea,
        > under CONFIGURER, HARDWARE, I selected VE7CC in that drop down window
        also.
        > Does this help?
        > Dave, NJ4F

      • k7qq
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 4, 2008
          Hello Helpers
          I sure this has been covered,
          I now after some /LOTS of help both digital windows working and when I do MMVARI I can select and TX on either window. Using PSK31 etc.

          I then selected MMTTY and the # 2 window will RX but no TX, I do know that I have the same port on both windows set for #2 for FSK and I am fairly sure this is why I'm not TX from #2 window.

          What must I do to get window #2 to TX ??

          Quack

        • Tom Osborne
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 5, 2008
            Hi Rex

            Are you set up for FSK on MMTTY? With MVARI, I think you have to use AFSK,
            but on MMTTY, you can use FSK. 73
            Tim W7WHY

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 5, 2008
              Hi Tom
              Yes I do use FSK for MMTTY, and am aware of requirement for AFSK for
              MMVARI . On PSK with MMVARI and dual RX windows just clicking on the
              signal and pushing approate MACRO button the 2nd window works just fine.
              When I go to MMTTY and try to run FSK is when I run into a problem and I'm
              sure it is one I have created with both windows looking at COM 2 to key the
              FSK.
              If I chose to use AFSK I think all would be OK but I do prefer FSK for RTTY
              mode. I now have to find how to get the second window to key FSK, however
              if I have to go to AFSK or outside to an interface box I'll just continue
              with 1 window for RTTY.

              > Are you set up for FSK on MMTTY? With MVARI, I think you have to use
              > AFSK,
              > but on MMTTY, you can use FSK. 73
              > Tim W7WHY
              >

              >> Hello Helpers
              >> I sure this has been covered,
              >> I now after some /LOTS of help both digital windows working and when I
              >> do
              >> MMVARI I can select and TX on either window. Using PSK31 etc.
              >>
              >> I then selected MMTTY and the # 2 window will RX but no TX,

              > 10:15 AM

            • Tom Osborne
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 5, 2008
                rex

                I guess you do know in the digital setup button there is a box to check for
                AFSK or FSK? You have to be sure and check the FSK box to use MMTTY on FSK.
                73
                Tom W7WHY

                > Hi Tom
                > Yes I do use FSK for MMTTY, and am aware of requirement for AFSK for
                > MMVARI . On PSK with MMVARI and dual RX windows just clicking on the
                > signal and pushing approate MACRO button the 2nd window works just fine.
                > When I go to MMTTY and try to run FSK is when I run into a problem and
                > I'm
                > sure it is one I have created with both windows looking at COM 2 to key
                > the
                > FSK.
                > If I chose to use AFSK I think all would be OK but I do prefer FSK for
                > RTTY
                > mode. I now have to find how to get the second window to key FSK, however
                > if I have to go to AFSK or outside to an interface box I'll just continue
                > with 1 window for RTTY.

                >> Hi Rex
                >>
                >> Are you set up for FSK on MMTTY? With MVARI, I think you have to use
                >> AFSK,
                >> but on MMTTY, you can use FSK. 73
                >> Tim W7WHY

              • k7qq
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 5, 2008
                  HI Tom
                  Yes I have it working FSK just fine. The problem is with the #2 window in
                  that it is trying to use the same Com port for keying the FSK and that
                  doesn't want to happen as #1 window grabs #2 com port before I start
                  Digital window MMTTY #2 . RX window works but TX doesn't want to share the
                  com port. !!!

                  > I guess you do know in the digital setup button there is a box to check
                  > for
                  > AFSK or FSK? You have to be sure and check the FSK box to use MMTTY on
                  > FSK.
                  > 73
                  > Tom W7WHY
                  >

                  >> Hi Tom
                  >> Yes I do use FSK for MMTTY, and am aware of requirement for AFSK for
                  >> MMVARI . On PSK with MMVARI and dual RX windows just clicking on the
                  >> signal and pushing approate MACRO button the 2nd window works just fine.
                  >> When I go to MMTTY and try to run FSK is when I run into a problem and
                  >> I'm
                  >> sure it is one I have created with both windows looking at COM 2 to key
                  >> the
                  >> FSK.
                  >> If I chose to use AFSK I think all would be OK but I do prefer FSK for
                  >> RTTY
                  >> mode. I now have to find how to get the second window to key FSK,
                  >> however
                  >> if I have to go to AFSK or outside to an interface box I'll just continue
                  >> with 1 window for RTTY.

                  >>> Hi Rex
                  >>>
                  >>> Are you set up for FSK on MMTTY? With MVARI, I think you have to use
                  >>> AFSK,
                  >>> but on MMTTY, you can use FSK. 73
                  >>> Tim W7WHY

                  > 10:15 AM

                • Rick Ellison
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 6, 2008
                    Use a different com port. You cannot share the same comm. Port among the 2
                    windows. When MMTTY loads control of the comm. Port gets passed to MMTTY.
                    MMTTY will not allow more than 1 copy of MMTTY to use that port.

                    73's Rick N2AMG
                    Yahoo:n2amg
                    Aim:n2amg

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 6, 2008
                      Hi Rick

                      Tnx I thought that was the problem, Now I have to figure how to get 2 FSK
                      keying ckts to key the same port on the radio. I guess a couple of diodes
                      will do the trick. ?? Maybe not need them ?? Or put the Diodes prior to
                      the transistor so either com. port can key it. ??

                      Quack