Re: [N1MM] PVRC

  • Steve Harrison
    Message 1 of 16 , May 31, 2007
      At 10:49 PM 5/31/2007 -0600, you wrote:
      >Why not just put a constant number in a macro and not the command to
      increment
      >that number? Enter what is sent to you when you get each stations report. I
      >may be wrong, but I think MM will only increase the number if the command is
      >there to do so, in a macro. Am I right or wrong?

      I'm really dumb; how would I do that????

      Thanks,
      Steve K0XP
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 1, 2007
        Before people complain, the PVRC Reunion is open to everyone worldwide.

        As for the serial number, all you need to do is set up the Sent Exchange as
        (in my case) 77 Pete WV. That way there will be no sent number (assuming
        you are not using the # macro in your CW messages).

        Here is the message set I used last year for CW:

        F1 CQ,CQ PVRC * * pvrc{CLEARRIT}
        F2 Exch,{EXCH}
        F3 TU,TU *{CLEARRIT}
        F4 {MYCALL},*
        F5 His Call,!
        F6 --,
        F7 ?,?
        F8 Agn,Agn
        F9 Rpt,>{EXCH}<
        F10 QRL,HR QRL TU
        F11 Move,QSY {OTHERFREQ}?
        F12 LONG,cq PVRC * * PVRC {CLEARRIT}
        F1 CQ,* {RUN}
        F2 Exch,TU {EXCH}

        At 12:41 AM 6/1/2007, Steve Harrison wrote:
        >At 09:23 PM 5/31/2007 -0400, you wrote:
        > >Use Sprint, Tom.
        > >
        > >73, Pete
        > >
        > >At 07:33 PM 5/31/2007, you wrote:
        > >>I'm supposed to remember this, but I don't!
        > >>
        > >>What contest can I use this weekend for the PVRC 60th Anniversary party? I
        > >>need to enter a two digit year, name and state.
        >
        >Ummm... we don't give out a SN, right? But the SPRINT module is set up to
        >give SNs, not a constant number to represent the year.
        >
        >The name and state will work OK in the Sprint module, though.
        >
        >Is there a way to set the Sprint module so as not to increment the SN? That
        >is, when you first open a new log database, you set your year as the first
        >number for the SN. But then, is there an option elsewhere that will not
        >increment that SN??
        >
        >If not, seems this would be a very useful option (i.e.: checkbox) to be
        >added to the Spring module in a future upgrade.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Steve K0XP
        >

        >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Steve Harrison
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 1, 2007
          Setting up N1MM for the PVRC Reunion, ran into two problems, both with the
          received exchange:

          1. 00 is not accepted, such as for the year 2000.
          2. What to enter in the case of a non-PVRC member????? Without 01-99, it
          claims an invalid SN/exchange.

          Thanks,
          Steve K0XP
        • Tommy
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 1, 2007
            May not be correct but I'm going to 'improvise'. For the year 2000, I'm just
            going to enter 100, which the program accepts. For non-PVRC'ers, I'm going
            to enter 07 for this year. Since this is probably not going to be a big QSO
            'party', it should be reasonably easy to edit the Cabrillo file before
            submitting it.

            Tom - W4BQF

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 1, 2007
              At 10:04 PM 6/1/2007 -0400, you wrote:
              >May not be correct but I'm going to 'improvise'. For the year 2000, I'm just
              >going to enter 100, which the program accepts. For non-PVRC'ers, I'm going
              >to enter 07 for this year. Since this is probably not going to be a big QSO
              >'party', it should be reasonably easy to edit the Cabrillo file before
              >submitting it.

              If you're gonna do that, mitaswell use 08 for non-PVRCers since you may
              well encounter a 07. As for the other.... yeah, that works; I may just use
              2000, though. And at the anticipated pace, I may just enter 19xx, for that
              matter.

              Steve, K0XP
            • Steve Harrison
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                We have another problem using the Sprint module for the PVRC Reunion: while
                it will accept other NA countries, it won't accept non-NA countries.

                Gess the callsign is good nuff and will hafta plug in a NA country, which
                means afterward, we have to correct the Cabrillo ourselves.

                The PVRC reflector mentions something about Howie having another of his
                famous "correction" programs for N1MM?? What's it for?

                Steve, K0XP
              • Tommy
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                  Interesting!! I worked a G station and had no problem with that. So far the
                  only problem is if I put the call in the Entry window with /60 then the call
                  history will not bring up the caller's name. Otherwise, it seems to be
                  working OK. Not sure what N4AF's utility does, but will have to find out.

                  Tks for the Q on 20m!

                  Tom - W4BQF

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                    At 11:48 AM 6/2/2007 -0400, you wrote:
                    >Interesting!! I worked a G station and had no problem with that. So far the
                    >only problem is if I put the call in the Entry window with /60 then the call
                    >history will not bring up the caller's name. Otherwise, it seems to be
                    >working OK. Not sure what N4AF's utility does, but will have to find out.

                    Yes, I also discovered it was accepting DX call prefixes. I was going by
                    the observation, several months back while setting up for a NS Ladder, when
                    I found a European prefix was not accepted.

                    Dunno what I've done differently.

                    Same here with the /60. Don't really need to use it in the callsign field
                    anyway since a number from 47 through 07 in the year field would indicate
                    membership in PVRC and thus /60 status. I'm using 08 for non-members but
                    anything higher through 46 would be OK.

                    Steve, K0XP
                  • Robert Morris
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                      The history file is set up with just the call.. N4AF
                      not N4AF/60
                      If you enter N4AF, hit the space bar, the name will come up.
                      Sometimes the wrong name, but a name will come up!

                      Then spacebar back to the callsign field and add /60 if you wish.
                      Works for me.

                      The Sprint module will not accept "PVRC" as a Section either,
                      would guess that is because it is not in the section file as valid.

                      Take care
                      73/Bob
                      W4MYA

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                        In which case you just need to hit Ctrl+Alt+Enter, then Enter again to
                        leave the comment blank, and you'll force it to log.

                        73, Pete

                        At 05:21 PM 6/2/2007, you wrote:
                        >The history file is set up with just the call.. N4AF
                        >not N4AF/60
                        >If you enter N4AF, hit the space bar, the name will come up.
                        >Sometimes the wrong name, but a name will come up!
                        >
                        >Then spacebar back to the callsign field and add /60 if you wish.
                        >Works for me.
                        >
                        >The Sprint module will not accept "PVRC" as a Section either,
                        >would guess that is because it is not in the section file as valid.
                        >
                        >Take care
                        >73/Bob
                        >W4MYA

                      • Steve Harrison
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                          At 05:21 PM 6/2/2007 -0400, you wrote:
                          >The history file is set up with just the call.. N4AF
                          >not N4AF/60
                          >If you enter N4AF, hit the space bar, the name will come up.
                          >Sometimes the wrong name, but a name will come up!
                          >
                          >Then spacebar back to the callsign field and add /60 if you wish.
                          >Works for me.

                          I discovered that, myself, when a cupla YCCCers signed /30.

                          >The Sprint module will not accept "PVRC" as a Section either,
                          >would guess that is because it is not in the section file as valid.

                          I'll try adding PVRC to my section file, haven't had time yet.

                          Ummmm.... To check the four multiplier-PVRC stations in my log, I exported
                          my log to Cabrillo. NO CALLS show up, nor their info; just date, time, my
                          call, freq, my QSO number.

                          What'd I do wrong??? First time I've seen N1MM logger do this.

                          Is this what N4AF's software is supposed to correct?? But why does it
                          happen here??

                          Thanks,
                          Steve K0XP
                        • Steve Harrison
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                            At 09:45 PM 6/2/2007 -0400, you wrote:
                            >In which case you just need to hit Ctrl+Alt+Enter, then Enter again to
                            >leave the comment blank, and you'll force it to log.

                            Well, I'll be danged..... works fine.

                            Steve, K0XP