RE: [N1MM] Exchabge question?

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 30, 2007
      Look in Config/Change Your Station Data/Edit Station Information make sure
      you have the right ARRL section specified. This is where N1MM determines
      whether you are in-state or out-of-state for a QSO party and, consequently,
      determines which exchange format to use.

      If you are in 7-land you work everyone. If you work another 7-lander the
      exchange you receive is RST+ the state/county designator, ie. "599 ORDES".
      Just "599 OR" is not a valid exchange. For non-7 states, it should take
      RST+State/Province/DX.

      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2007
        The program also needs to be told where you are. For Stateside stations,
        that's done with the ARRL Section in the station data dialog.

        73, Pete

        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2007
          Hi Rex,

          The way I read the rules, 7-landers send rst+state/county code regardless of
          who they work. If that is right, then 599 WA would be an invalid exchange.

          Look for you quacking in the party.

          Message 4 of 14 , May 1, 2007
            I understand the rules as follows; We in 7 land are to give RST,
            State and County and we only need to collect RST and State (or
            Province, DX).

            Those not in 7 land are to give RST, and State (or Province, DX) and
            need to collect RST, State and County from the 7 land station.

            My problem is this: As a station in 7 land, when I try to put in
            exchange info for lets say a station in Florida....FA is not an
            acceptable input...even FAxxx (xxx being a county) is not
            acceptable. It is like the program is only written for those outside
            7 land.

            Looking at it, it seems as though I am going to have to go in and add
            all the states and provinces in on my own. Not sure how to put in DX.

            One more question...How do I know for sure what CQZone I am in and
            which ITU Zone. I am in Sisters, Oregon CN94eh (I believe I am in
            CQ Zone 3 and ITU Zone 6). I have tried these in the program as well.

            Dan W7DUX

            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@...> wrote:

            > Hi Rex,
            >
            > The way I read the rules, 7-landers send rst+state/county code
            regardless of
            > who they work. If that is right, then 599 WA would be an invalid
            exchange.

            > Look for you quacking in the party.
            >
            > 73, Ted W4NZ

            4/30/2007
            > 9:14 AM

          • Dick-w0raa
            Message 5 of 14 , May 1, 2007
              If you're calling FA Florida, try FL.

              I understand the rules as follows; We in 7 land are to give RST,
              State and County and we only need to collect RST and State (or
              Province, DX).

              Those not in 7 land are to give RST, and State (or Province, DX) and
              need to collect RST, State and County from the 7 land station.

              My problem is this: As a station in 7 land, when I try to put in
              exchange info for lets say a station in Florida....FA is not an
              acceptable input...even FAxxx (xxx being a county) is not
              acceptable. It is like the program is only written for those outside
              7 land.

              Looking at it, it seems as though I am going to have to go in and add
              all the states and provinces in on my own. Not sure how to put in DX.

              One more question...How do I know for sure what CQZone I am in and
              which ITU Zone. I am in Sisters, Oregon CN94eh (I believe I am in
              CQ Zone 3 and ITU Zone 6). I have tried these in the program as well.

              Dan W7DUX

              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@...> wrote:

              > Hi Rex,
              >
              > The way I read the rules, 7-landers send rst+state/county code
              regardless of
              > who they work. If that is right, then 599 WA would be an invalid
              exchange.

              > Look for you quacking in the party.
              >
              > 73, Ted W4NZ

              4/30/2007
              > 9:14 AM

            • Craig Cook
              Message 6 of 14 , May 1, 2007
                What is "FA" ?

                On 5/1/07, Dan Tucker, W7DUX <w7dux@...> wrote:

                > I understand the rules as follows; We in 7 land are to give RST,
                > State and County and we only need to collect RST and State (or
                > Province, DX).
                >
                > Those not in 7 land are to give RST, and State (or Province, DX) and
                > need to collect RST, State and County from the 7 land station.
                >
                > My problem is this: As a station in 7 land, when I try to put in
                > exchange info for lets say a station in Florida....FA is not an
                > acceptable input...even FAxxx (xxx being a county) is not
                > acceptable. It is like the program is only written for those outside
                > 7 land.
                >
                > Looking at it, it seems as though I am going to have to go in and add
                > all the states and provinces in on my own. Not sure how to put in DX.
                >
                > One more question...How do I know for sure what CQZone I am in and
                > which ITU Zone. I am in Sisters, Oregon CN94eh (I believe I am in
                > CQ Zone 3 and ITU Zone 6). I have tried these in the program as well.
                >
                > Dan W7DUX
                >
                > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com <N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com>, "Ted
                > Bryant" <w4nz@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Rex,
                > >
                > > The way I read the rules, 7-landers send rst+state/county code
                > regardless of
                > > who they work. If that is right, then 599 WA would be an invalid
                > exchange.
                > >
                > > Look for you quacking in the party.
                > >
                > > 73, Ted W4NZ

                73, Craig Cook - N7OR in Sandy, OR
                Message 7 of 14 , May 1, 2007
                  I'm assuming "FA" was a typo, and you meant FL. What do you have as your
                  ARRL section in your station data? That's what the program uses in QSO
                  parties to determine if you are in-area or out-of-area. I just set myself
                  up as if in OR, and it works fine for both 7 and non-7 stations.

                  For DX calls, the program automatically supplies "DX" for the exchange.

                  73, Pete N4ZR

                  Message 8 of 14 , May 1, 2007
                    Yes, FL = Florida, TN=Tennessee, etc.. It is fairly standard that contest
                    logging programs use the US Postal Service abbreviations for states.

                    For your ITU zone, look here:

                    http://www.arrl.org/contests/vev0vy.html#wkna

                    I understand the rules as follows; We in 7 land are to give RST,
                    State and County and we only need to collect RST and State (or
                    Province, DX).

                    Those not in 7 land are to give RST, and State (or Province, DX) and
                    need to collect RST, State and County from the 7 land station.

                    My problem is this: As a station in 7 land, when I try to put in
                    exchange info for lets say a station in Florida....FA is not an
                    acceptable input...even FAxxx (xxx being a county) is not
                    acceptable. It is like the program is only written for those outside
                    7 land.

                    Looking at it, it seems as though I am going to have to go in and add
                    all the states and provinces in on my own. Not sure how to put in DX.

                    One more question...How do I know for sure what CQZone I am in and
                    which ITU Zone. I am in Sisters, Oregon CN94eh (I believe I am in
                    CQ Zone 3 and ITU Zone 6). I have tried these in the program as well.

                    Dan W7DUX

                    --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Rex,
                    >
                    > The way I read the rules, 7-landers send rst+state/county code
                    regardless of
                    > who they work. If that is right, then 599 WA would be an invalid
                    exchange.

                    > Look for you quacking in the party.
                    >
                    > 73, Ted W4NZ

                    4/30/2007
                    > 9:14 AM

                  • Dan Tucker, W7DUX
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 1, 2007
                      Whoops,

                      I meant FL not FA. Still doesn't work. Only those with 7 land state
                      abreviations and a county designator will work. Not just the state!

                      Message 10 of 14 , May 1, 2007
                        Not sure which version of N1MM you have but if it's not version 7.4.2,
                        suggest you upgrade. What you are seeing indicates that the software thinks
                        you are not a "7". Check your Station Information under the Config menu.
                        Put "OR" in for the ARRL Section and restart N1MM. When I do that here,
                        pretending I'm a "7", it works as it should. I can enter non-7 states as
                        well as 7-land state/county abbreviations.

                        I meant FL not FA. Still doesn't work. Only those with 7 land state
                        abreviations and a county designator will work. Not just the state!

                        Dan W7DUX

                        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@...> wrote:

                        > Yes, FL = Florida, TN=Tennessee, etc.. It is fairly standard that
                        contest
                        > logging programs use the US Postal Service abbreviations for states.
                        >
                        > For your ITU zone, look here:
                        >
                        > http://www.arrl.org/contests/vev0vy.html#wkna
                        >
                        > 73, Ted W4NZ

                      • Dan Tucker, W7DUX
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 1, 2007
                          I have OR as the section and I believe that I have the latest version
                          as I went through step by step in the downloading and upgrading etc.

                          I will check everything you all have suggested tomorrow as I am at
                          work (Firefighter) today and will not be home until tomorrow PM.

                          I will post back here again if something is still wrong.

                          Thanks all

                        • Steve Harrison
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 1, 2007
                            At 08:56 PM 5/1/2007 -0000, you wrote:
                            >I have OR as the section and I believe that I have the latest version
                            >as I went through step by step in the downloading and upgrading etc.

                            The version will show in the opening screen; or if you already have it
                            open, drop down the Help menu and click on the bottom line, "About N1MM
                            Logger V7.4.3" (or whatever).

                            SteveH