RE: [N1MM] Cabrillo shows all Qs made by Radio 0 in CQWWCW M/2 operation

  • Tom Wagner
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
      If you always want computer 0 to be run radio 1 and computer 1
      to be run radio 2, you can do it in MS Access.

      MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE DATABASES.

      Copy the data from the RadioNr column to the Run1Run2 column.
      You would then change 1 to 2, and 0 to 1 within that column
      in that order.

      Copy/Paste is a little tricky in my copy of Access 2000. You
      click on the first cell of the range that you want to copy,
      then press shift and press on the 2nd cell of the range.
      Dragging the cursor doesn't seem to work. You will need to
      mark the exact number of cells in the paste target in the
      same way.

      And yes, you need to identify which station is run1 and which
      is run 2. There is a large blue number in the info window
      to remind you what you have set for that station.

      73,
      Tom

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2006
        Thanks Tom

        I have Access 97, not 2000, and it won't open N1MM mdb's. I spent some
        time fiddling with Open Office database. It will open the .mdb but it's
        somewhat different to Access and looked like there was a learning curve
        ahead of me.

        I managed to buy an inexpensive copy of Office 2000. Opened the mdb
        with Access, set up a query to select only Radio1 Qs, did a search and
        replace on the Run1/Run2 field, changing the 1 to a 2, and I'm done.
        Cabrillo now shows Run 1 and Run 2. About 20 minutes for a rusty Access
        user. Priceless.

        BTW, we did see the big blue number 1's in the info windows on both
        computers. Didn't know what it meant.

        Thanks for all you and the others do for us, Tom, and Merry Xmas.

        73, Jim VE7FO