microKEYER interface

  • Tad Danley
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
      I will be on part time low power for the ARRL 160 test and will be using
      N1MM with a microKEYER that should arrive today. The last time I
      operated in a cw contest from home I used a home brew parallel port
      interface with a DOS pc running NA, so the idea of getting everything
      running properly in time with the microKEYER USB device router and
      virtual com ports has me concerned!

      In addition to "reading the manual", does anyone have any tips to help
      me get things set up properly? Thanks in advance and 73,

      --
      Tad Danley, K3TD
    • Joe Subich, W4TV
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
        Tad,

        Download the current microKEYER manual and Router 4.0.5 from the
        web site (the web site drivers and manuals are almost ALWAYS more
        recent that those on the CD that ships with the products - the
        programmer keeps adding features <G>).

        Read the manual, particularly the installation sections first.
        Install Router, create the virtual ports and do the level
        configuration.

        There is a set-up guide for N1MM is available at the "factory" web
        site: http://www.microham.com/Downloads/MK_N1MM_Setup.pdf. In
        addition, there are other set-up guides (either older versions in
        html or updated in pdf) for many of the day-to-day logging packages
        (e.g., DXLab Suite, DX4WIN, Logger32, etc.) and several of the
        digital programs (MMTTY, MMVARI, MixW, etc.).

        73,

        ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America
        http://www.microHAM-USA.com
        support@...

      • Gerald Boutin
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
          1. Read the instructions.
          2. Join the MicroHam Yahoo group.

          If it is just CW you want to get going right away, it is relatively
          straight forward.

          Get the virtual ports configured in the MK Router software before you
          start up N1MM logger. For CW, you only need to configure a comm port
          for radio communications and a Winkey port for keying and PTT for the
          radio. Once the virtual ports are assigned, you can tweak the PTT
          lead/lag settings, etc and test that they are working using the Router
          software. Once you get it working at this stage save your settings.

          Then, start up the N1MM software and match the configuration settings
          and you should be away to the races.

          --
          Gerald Boutin, VE6WA

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Tad Danley <tdanley@...> wrote:

          > I will be on part time low power for the ARRL 160 test and will be
          using
          > N1MM with a microKEYER that should arrive today. The last time I
          > operated in a cw contest from home I used a home brew parallel port
          > interface with a DOS pc running NA, so the idea of getting everything
          > running properly in time with the microKEYER USB device router and
          > virtual com ports has me concerned!
          >
          > In addition to "reading the manual", does anyone have any tips to
          help
          > me get things set up properly? Thanks in advance and 73,
          >
          > --
          > Tad Danley, K3TD

        • Tad Danley
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
            Many thanks to all on the group who replied with help -- it works!

            Tad Danley, K3TD