Problem ??

  • Rex Maner
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
      Just Finished CIS and have 1 Question and ! Problem

      Ver 6.9.7

      When I try to open the Gray Line it just goes to the task bar and doesn't open. Did Before ??

      I don't like the AFC to come on when calling CQ's

      Is there a way to keep AFC from coming on when using the main program window for calling CQ with F1 ?? , AFC stays OFF if I use the Mouse to key F1 key in MMTTY ??

      Rex K7QQ de Quack

    • Rick Ellison
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
        It sounds like you have AFC On/Off with CQ checked in the settings drop down in the DI Window Un check that and it should stop turning the AFC on...

        73's Rick N2AMG
        Aim:n2amg
        Yahoo:n2amg

        > I don't like the AFC to come on when calling CQ's
        >
        > Is there a way to keep AFC from coming on when using the main
        > program window for calling CQ with F1 ?? , AFC stays OFF if I
        > use the Mouse to key F1 key in MMTTY ??
      • Tom Osborne
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
          Hi Rex

          Not sure about the grayline as I don't use it.

          AFC coming on...
          On the DI window, click 'settings'. On the left side are some check boxes.
          Uncheck the one that says 'Turn AFC off when switching to S&P'. That did it
          for me here. 73
          Tom W7WHY

          > Just Finished CIS and have 1 Question and ! Problem
          >
          > Ver 6.9.7
          >
          > When I try to open the Gray Line it just goes to the task bar and doesn't
          > open. Did Before ??
          >

          > I don't like the AFC to come on when calling CQ's
          >
          > Is there a way to keep AFC from coming on when using the main program
          > window for calling CQ with F1 ?? , AFC stays OFF if I use the Mouse
          > to key F1 key in MMTTY ??
          >

          > Rex K7QQ de Quack

        • Robert Chudek - KØRC
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
            Rex,

            Go into the Grayline directory and open the qth.txt file. The first two numbers should not be negative. If they are, change them to something like 10,000 and 15,000 and resave the file. The Grayline window should pop up somewhere on your screen and you can manipulate if from there.

            What happens is if these numbers go negative, the Grayline window becomes "one pixel", and even on the best monitor, that's just a little too hard to see. The qth.txt file gets updated everytime you change the Grayline window size and/or position.

            73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
              Rex,

              Go into the Grayline directory and open the qth.txt file. The first two numbers should not be negative. If they are, change them to something like 10,000 and 15,000 and resave the file. The Grayline window should pop up somewhere on your screen and you can manipulate if from there.

              What happens is if these numbers go negative, the Grayline window becomes "one pixel", and even on the best monitor, that's just a little too hard to see. The qth.txt file gets updated everytime you change the Grayline window size and/or position.

              73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

              Bob, I have the same problem with Gray line window as Rex.

              I have followed your advise about qth.txt, bot nothing has changed.

              73! de Iva, UA6LJB

              _Bo

            • Robert Chudek - KØRC
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
                Hello Iva,

                Okay then... The first two numbers in the file are the window size.

                There are also two LAST numbers in the file. These are the window coordinates for the upper left corner pixel. If these number have gone negative, the Grayline window might open up in the next county/oblast to the left!

                Change the last two numbers to something like 2000 and 2000.

                73 de Bob - KØRC in MN