Can't Play .wav Files

  • cwman@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2006
      Have been fighting this and now must seek help or else.... Used the W9XT Contest card with WIN98 but that computer died, leaving me to attempt peaceful coexistence with XP and contesting. I have not used .wav files for contesting before.
      I have recorded the cq.wav. The path is C:\Program Files\N1MM Logger\WAV\NA2U\cq.wav

      Message will not play in N1MM. It does play in Windows Media Player. Confirmed that mode is set to SSB. Using XP Home. I haven't tried to set up .wav files in Writelog yet.
      Any suggestions (except for the obvious...give up phone contesting)?
      73 and thanks in advance,

      Fred/NA2U
      CWMAN...I'D RATHER WORK CW!!!
      "Je mange donc je suis."
      "Good wine is a necessity of life for me."--Thomas Jefferson
      "Wretched excess is just barely enough." -- Mario Batali (from Heat by Bill Buford)

    • David Robbins K1TTT
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
        Does it give you any error in the entry window status bar?

        How did you record it? with n1mm or some other tool? I always recommend
        recording with n1mm since it will put the file in the same place it expects
        to play them from, and it records only with the formats that it can also
        play.

        David Robbins K1TTT
        e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@...
        web: http://www.k1ttt.net