Re: Re: Re: [N1MM] Showing CW function keys for setting up

  • mikekopacki@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 1, 2006
      What exactly does that mean, Tom? Type in the name of the contest? Where?

      =====================
      From: Tom Osborne <w7why@...>
      Date: Wed May 31 21:14:01 CDT 2006
      To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Re: [N1MM] Showing CW function keys for setting up

      Hi Mike

      I think you have to type in the contest you are going to be operating before
      the keys pop up. 73
      Tom W7WHY

    • Tom Osborne
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hi Mike

        You have to click on file/choose which contest to log. Then if it is a CW
        contest, my CW keys come up. If if is a RTTY contest, the RTTY keys come
        up. Of course, they may need some tweaking for the particular contest I'm
        operating. I just tweak the keys and then do an export/function keys with
        the settings for the particular contest. 73
        Tom W7WHY

        From: Tom Osborne <w7why@...>
        Date: Wed May 31 21:14:01 CDT 2006
        To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 2, 2006
          For the archive... what Tom says is correct if the Mode Control tab is set to one of the "use contest mode" options. If you do what I do and always operate with Use Radio Mode, then the radio determines what function keys are displayed.

          73, Pete

        • mikekopacki@verizon.net
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 2, 2006
            Hmm, ok. I'm using the DX log for this contest, which is not mode specific...maybe that has something to do with it.

            From: Tom Osborne <w7why@...>
            Date: Wed May 31 21:14:01 CDT 2006
            To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com