Re: [WriteLog] Multi tests in 1 wkend

  • Tim Gardner
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
      Jim, et al:

      > Note that the contest sponsors (log checkers) could
      > throw out the
      > QSOs automatically that don't qualify. I don't know
      > if they will be
      > equipped to do so.

      For what it is worth, the Indiana QSO Party (INQP) log
      checking will handle this situation. Any QSOs in the
      log that do not have the proper INQP exchange are
      ignored by the software.

      The original questioner spoke of only the 7QP and
      NEQP, but the INQP and Marac contests will also be on
      the air (with various overlapping times) May 6-7.
      Please work us all!

      Tim - N9LF (INQP log checker)

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Tim Gardner
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1 7:41 AM
        Larry,

        I didn't mean to imply that we would discard valid
        Indiana contacts. So long as at least one of the two
        stations was in Indiana and the exchange identifies
        the Indiana county, we will score the log. If the
        state name or abbreviation is present in the exchange,
        that is okay, but (for our purposes), unnecessary.

        This should allow anyone who works multiple QSO
        Parties to send us (INQP) a mixed log, and we will
        score it correctly.

        For the record, we encourage everyone to work
        everyone, and accept QSOs that may be dupes for you
        (it won't be a dupe for the other guy, if he changed
        counties).

        Tim - N9LF

        http://mail.yahoo.com