7QP

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
      Just to let everyone know - I am currently testing a prototype module for the 7QP. Once I make sure it is working OK, it will be in a general release.

      73, Pete N4ZR
      The World HF Contest Station Database
      Full details on 3165 contest stations
      at http://www.pvrc.org/WCSD/WCSDsearch.htm
    • TLC_Carney
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
        Thanks for the update Pete. I'm available to help test if you need
        any assistance. Have an older PC running N1MM, a PIII/933mhx with W98SE.

        73, Tom K6EU

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 7, 2006
          If you are using 6.3.8 in order to try to test the 7QP module, save your energy. The contest has a number of bugs, which hopefully will be fixed in the next release.

          73, Pete N4ZR
          The World HF Contest Station Database
          Full details on 3165 contest stations
          at http://www.pvrc.org/WCSD/WCSDsearch.htm
        • Dave Hachadorian
          Message 4 of 11 , May 6, 2007
            I entered the 7qp from Arizona (K7L). For county line
            stations in 7-land, Indiana and New England, I just used the
            CTRL-N function to note all of the counties. Now I need to
            those stations. What's the easiest way to do that, just
            enter them into the entry window and then edit the time,
            freq and date to put them into the proper sequence, or is
            there an easier way?

            Also, please check my understanding of the 7QP contest
            rules. For a given band-mode, each 7-land county line
            station counts as a separate qso, or if a 7-land mobile
            moves to a new county, that is also a valid separate qso.
            For Indiana stations, I can only work them once per
            band-mode, since they are always in the same state. For New
            England stations, I can have a separate valid qso on a
            band-mode only if the mobile goes into a new state. Do I
            have that correct? Thanks.

            Dave Hachadorian, K6LL (K7L)
            Yuma, AZ
          • pfizenmayer
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 23, 2009
              When I try to set up 7QP I get error message that says "Your ARRL section
              is AZ . You are entering this contest as an OUT OF STATE participant.
              Change
              your ARRL section in config > change your station data."

              My station data DOES show AZ as my section and my state. ??? Also in the
              contest setup I entered AZMCP as the exchange .

              It appears based on some dummy qsos that if I ignore this error message it
              is working OK but want to be sure I am not missing something -

              Hank K7HP
            • Steve London
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 23, 2009
                Hank,

                What version ?

                That was fixed several weeks ago. Download the latest version (9.4.1) and see
                what happens.

                73,
                Steve, N2IC

                > When I try to set up 7QP I get error message that says "Your ARRL section
                > is AZ . You are entering this contest as an OUT OF STATE participant.
                > Change
                > your ARRL section in config > change your station data."
                >
                > My station data DOES show AZ as my section and my state. ??? Also in the
                > contest setup I entered AZMCP as the exchange .
                >
                > It appears based on some dummy qsos that if I ignore this error message it
                > is working OK but want to be sure I am not missing something -
                >
                > Hank K7HP

              • John
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 23, 2009
                  Mine gave me that too, but I upgraded - not realizing the fix. But
                  anyway since I had done some playing around with the old, I deleted it
                  and recreated a new one, and now when I setup a new 7th QSO Party it
                  says I've setup an IN STATE, but it looks like an error, but the text
                  doesn't seem to mention any error though. Kind of funny.

                  Thanks
                  John
                  K7ALA

                  On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:
                  > Hank,
                  >
                  > What version ?
                  >
                  > That was fixed several weeks ago. Download the latest version (9.4.1) and see
                  > what happens.
                  >
                  > 73,
                  > Steve, N2IC
                  >

                  >> When I try to set up 7QP I get error message that says "Your ARRL section
                  >>  is  AZ . You are entering this contest as an OUT OF STATE participant.
                  >> Change
                  >> your ARRL section in config > change your station data."
                  >>
                  >>  My station data DOES show AZ as my section and my state. ??? Also in the
                  >>  contest setup I entered  AZMCP as the exchange .
                  >>
                  >>  It appears based on some dummy qsos that if I ignore this error message it
                  >>  is working OK but want to be sure I am not missing something -
                  >>
                  >>  Hank K7HP

                • Rex Maner
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 23, 2009
                    Quack Is using 9.4.1 and I get a similar message with 7QP at times,
                    Haven't totally isolated when it happens.

                    Rex

                    > That was fixed several weeks ago. Download the latest version (9.4.1) and
                    > see
                    > what happens.
                    >
                    > 73,
                    > Steve, N2IC
                    >

                    >> When I try to set up 7QP I get error message that says "Your ARRL section
                    >> is AZ . You are entering this contest as an OUT OF STATE participant.
                    >> Change
                    >> your ARRL section in config > change your station data."
                    >>
                    >> My station data DOES show AZ as my section and my state. ??? Also in the
                    >> contest setup I entered AZMCP as the exchange .
                    >>
                    >> It appears based on some dummy qsos that if I ignore this error message
                    >> it
                    >> is working OK but want to be sure I am not missing something -
                    >>
                    >> Hank K7HP

                    06:30:00
                  • pfizenmayer
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 23, 2009
                      Thanks Steve - I am on 9.2.0 - will update - have a week to recover if I get
                      into trouble ! -- 73 hank K7HP

                      > That was fixed several weeks ago. Download the latest version (9.4.1) and
                      > see
                      > what happens.
                      >
                      > 73,
                      > Steve, N2IC
                      >

                      >> When I try to set up 7QP I get error message that says "Your ARRL section
                      >> is AZ . You are entering this contest as an OUT OF STATE participant.
                      >> Change
                      >> your ARRL section in config > change your station data."
                      >>
                      >> My station data DOES show AZ as my section and my state. ??? Also in the
                      >> contest setup I entered AZMCP as the exchange .
                      >>
                      >> It appears based on some dummy qsos that if I ignore this error message
                      >> it
                      >> is working OK but want to be sure I am not missing something -
                      >>
                      >> Hank K7HP

                    • pfizenmayer
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 23, 2009
                        Yep - Ver 9.4.1 eliminated the 7QP error message -- Thanks - Hank K7HP