ARRL Phone Problem

  • George- K4GM
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 10:02 PM
      I just tried to send my log via email to ARRL. The robot bounced it. After
      taking a look at the log I noticed that the POWER field is blank for all
      contacts in the log. I definitely entered the power for each contact. Has
      this data gone to cyber heaven or is there some way to retrieve it ?? Am I
      in an episode of the Twilight Zone ??

      K4GM- George

    • AD5VJ Bob
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 10:49 PM
        Twilight Zone??

        Of course your not in an episode of twilight zone.

        But you might want to
        "smile, because your on ___ ___" :0)

        73 fer nw,
        Bob AD5VJ

        10X# 37210, FP#-1141, SMIRK#-5177
        http://www.n5iet.com/
        Code may be taking a back seat for now,
        but the pioneering spirit that put the code
        there in the first place is out front of it all.

        K4GM

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 2:45 AM
          George, do you mean that it is missing from the Cabrillo file, or from the log window itself? I just submitted mine and it went fine.

          If power is missing from QSOs in the log the log window, then you may have a corrupted database. Try File|Copy and Compact Database. Create a new one with a unique filename and copy the database with your ARRL phone log into it. Then try opening that database and see if the powers are back.

          Be sure to back up your active database, just in case, before you do the Copy (and Compact) operation.

          Please let me know.

          73, Pete

          At 01:02 AM 4/3/2006, George- K4GM wrote:
          >I just tried to send my log via email to ARRL. The robot bounced it. After
          >taking a look at the log I noticed that the POWER field is blank for all
          >contacts in the log. I definitely entered the power for each contact. Has
          >this data gone to cyber heaven or is there some way to retrieve it ?? Am I
          >in an episode of the Twilight Zone ??
          >

          >K4GM- George

          >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • K4GM George
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 8:35 AM
            Thanks, Pete. I'll try your suggestion tonight when I go home. The POWER
            column is totally empty in the log--- not just the Cabrillo file.

            George Marzloff K4GM