Re: [N1MM] controlling the FT1000

  • Gerry
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
      With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power on.

      The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly with most logging programs.

      Gerry
      VE6LB/VA6XDX
      ARRL DXCC Card Checker
      VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
      (403) 251-6520
      ve6lb (at) rac.ca
      www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
        Press and Hold the 1,5 and 7 MHz buttons before switching on the rig.

        It "burns like a christmas tree" due to a lamp check and after that it
        displays the ROM version.

        Jochen

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
          Hello Gerry.

          Not really, this is to reset the radio and both VFOs start at 7.000MHz...

          Jochen

          Maybe you just mixed it :-)

          > With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power
          on.

          > The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed
          will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly
          with most logging programs.

          > Gerry
          > VE6LB/VA6XDX
          > ARRL DXCC Card Checker
          > VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
          > (403) 251-6520
          > ve6lb (at) rac.ca
          > www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

          Service.

        • Gerry
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
            Jochen,

            You absolutely right! Sorry for the wrong info and thanks for correcting me.

            Gerry
            VE6LB/VA6XDX
            ARRL DXCC Card Checker
            VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
            (403) 251-6520
            ve6lb (at) rac.ca
            www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

            Not really, this is to reset the radio and both VFOs start at 7.000MHz...

            Jochen

            Maybe you just mixed it :-)

            > With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power
            on.

            > The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed
            will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly
            with most logging programs.

            > Gerry
            > VE6LB/VA6XDX
            > ARRL DXCC Card Checker