Re: [N1MM] controlling the FT1000

  • ANTHONY JAPHA
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
      Hi Jochen,
      How do I check the firmware version?
      Tony
    • Gerry
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
        With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power on.

        The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly with most logging programs.

        Gerry
        VE6LB/VA6XDX
        ARRL DXCC Card Checker
        VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
        (403) 251-6520
        ve6lb (at) rac.ca
        www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
          Press and Hold the 1,5 and 7 MHz buttons before switching on the rig.

          It "burns like a christmas tree" due to a lamp check and after that it
          displays the ROM version.

          Jochen

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
            Hello Gerry.

            Not really, this is to reset the radio and both VFOs start at 7.000MHz...

            Jochen

            Maybe you just mixed it :-)

            > With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power
            on.

            > The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed
            will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly
            with most logging programs.

            > Gerry
            > VE6LB/VA6XDX
            > ARRL DXCC Card Checker
            > VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
            > (403) 251-6520
            > ve6lb (at) rac.ca
            > www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

            Service.

          • Gerry
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
              Jochen,

              You absolutely right! Sorry for the wrong info and thanks for correcting me.

              Gerry
              VE6LB/VA6XDX
              ARRL DXCC Card Checker
              VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
              (403) 251-6520
              ve6lb (at) rac.ca
              www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

              Not really, this is to reset the radio and both VFOs start at 7.000MHz...

              Jochen

              Maybe you just mixed it :-)

              > With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power
              on.

              > The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed
              will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly
              with most logging programs.

              > Gerry
              > VE6LB/VA6XDX
              > ARRL DXCC Card Checker