CTY-1604 Contest Country Files - 2 April 2006

  • Jim Reisert AD1C
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
      New Contest Country Files are available. You can download them from:

      http://www.k1ea.com/cty/

      Please make sure to follow the installation instructions in
      README.TXT.

      This was a MAJOR change to the files, about 400 old prefixes and
      callsigns were removed. For example, CTY.DAT is now 2804 instead
      of 3189 entries, COUNTRY.DAT (NA) is now 1759 instead of 2178
      entries. This should greatly help those who were running out of
      memory, as well as avoiding the NA crashes using the latest version
      of the file

      Here are the release notes:

      * Removed about 400 old callsigns

      * GB2IL is Northern Ireland, GI
      * GB2MOP is Wales, GW
      * GB5FHC is Scotland, GM
      * GB5SPD is Northern Ireland, GI
      * GB8OQE Wales, GW
      * KG44 is Guantanamo Bay, KG4
      * TO5BG is Guadeloupe, FG

      73 - Jim AD1C
    • Jim Reisert AD1C
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
        KG44WW still doesn't work in CT or Writelog (comes up as USA). I did
        not test NA or TR. I have alerted the program authors.

        USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@...>, http://www.ad1c.us