Re: [N1MM] controlling the FT1000

  • DH5HV
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 2 1:01 AM
      Hello Tony.

      But still we do not know the firmware version....!

      Please check it and update to the latest version which is 6.00 !
      Otherwise you still will get problems.

      Jochen

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2 10:35 AM
        Hi Jochen,
        How do I check the firmware version?
        Tony
      • Gerry
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2 10:50 AM
          With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power on.

          The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly with most logging programs.

          Gerry
          VE6LB/VA6XDX
          ARRL DXCC Card Checker
          VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
          (403) 251-6520
          ve6lb (at) rac.ca
          www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2 10:55 AM
            Press and Hold the 1,5 and 7 MHz buttons before switching on the rig.

            It "burns like a christmas tree" due to a lamp check and after that it
            displays the ROM version.

            Jochen

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 2 10:55 AM
              Hello Gerry.

              Not really, this is to reset the radio and both VFOs start at 7.000MHz...

              Jochen

              Maybe you just mixed it :-)

              > With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power
              on.

              > The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed
              will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly
              with most logging programs.

              > Gerry
              > VE6LB/VA6XDX
              > ARRL DXCC Card Checker
              > VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
              > (403) 251-6520
              > ve6lb (at) rac.ca
              > www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

              Service.

            • Gerry
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 2 11:37 AM
                Jochen,

                You absolutely right! Sorry for the wrong info and thanks for correcting me.

                Gerry
                VE6LB/VA6XDX
                ARRL DXCC Card Checker
                VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
                (403) 251-6520
                ve6lb (at) rac.ca
                www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

                Not really, this is to reset the radio and both VFOs start at 7.000MHz...

                Jochen

                Maybe you just mixed it :-)

                > With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power
                on.

                > The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed
                will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly
                with most logging programs.

                > Gerry
                > VE6LB/VA6XDX
                > ARRL DXCC Card Checker