RE: [N1MM] controlling the FT1000

  • ANTHONY JAPHA
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2006
      Thanks everyone for the great comments. With the addition of a 1.5k
      resistor in the interface from pin 1 of the 7417 (pin 2 of the DIN) to
      ground, control of the FT1000 appears to be fine. The FT900 also works
      with the resistor in the circuit. Joe, W4TV, knows the history of this
      problem and suggested the fix. There were several very helpful suggestions.

      Incidentally, my 1000 dates from late 1994 (S/N 4E360056).

      What a fund of knowledge there is in this group!
      Tnx agn to all who replied and 73,
      Tony, N2UN
    • DH5HV
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
        Hello Tony.

        But still we do not know the firmware version....!

        Please check it and update to the latest version which is 6.00 !
        Otherwise you still will get problems.

        Jochen

        > Thanks everyone for the great comments. With the addition of a 1.5k
        > resistor in the interface from pin 1 of the 7417 (pin 2 of the DIN) to
        > ground, control of the FT1000 appears to be fine. The FT900 also works
        > with the resistor in the circuit. Joe, W4TV, knows the history of this
        > problem and suggested the fix. There were several very helpful
        suggestions.

        > Incidentally, my 1000 dates from late 1994 (S/N 4E360056).
        >
        > What a fund of knowledge there is in this group!
        > Tnx agn to all who replied and 73,
        > Tony, N2UN

      • ANTHONY JAPHA
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
          Hi Jochen,
          How do I check the firmware version?
          Tony
        • Gerry
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
            With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power on.

            The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly with most logging programs.

            Gerry
            VE6LB/VA6XDX
            ARRL DXCC Card Checker
            VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
            (403) 251-6520
            ve6lb (at) rac.ca
            www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
              Press and Hold the 1,5 and 7 MHz buttons before switching on the rig.

              It "burns like a christmas tree" due to a lamp check and after that it
              displays the ROM version.

              Jochen

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
                Hello Gerry.

                Not really, this is to reset the radio and both VFOs start at 7.000MHz...

                Jochen

                Maybe you just mixed it :-)

                > With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power
                on.

                > The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed
                will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly
                with most logging programs.

                > Gerry
                > VE6LB/VA6XDX
                > ARRL DXCC Card Checker
                > VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
                > (403) 251-6520
                > ve6lb (at) rac.ca
                > www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

                Service.

              • Gerry
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
                  Jochen,

                  You absolutely right! Sorry for the wrong info and thanks for correcting me.

                  Gerry
                  VE6LB/VA6XDX
                  ARRL DXCC Card Checker
                  VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
                  (403) 251-6520
                  ve6lb (at) rac.ca
                  www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

                  Not really, this is to reset the radio and both VFOs start at 7.000MHz...

                  Jochen

                  Maybe you just mixed it :-)

                  > With the radio off press SUB and ENT at the same time, then turn the power
                  on.

                  > The radio will do the "Las Vegas" diagnostic and the last thing displayed
                  will be the ROM version. If it's not 6.0, the CAT will not work properly
                  with most logging programs.

                  > Gerry
                  > VE6LB/VA6XDX
                  > ARRL DXCC Card Checker