TT Argonaut V & Jupiter

  • joelthzedyx
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hi,
      It's me again... Still trying to get my friends TT radios
      interfaced... I now find out that he's running Win98 on one computer,
      and that didn't work. Then he tried another computer running WinME,
      no luck there either.
      So, my next question is:
      What baud rate? I'm seeing conflicting info there. What about
      handshaking?
      I'm sure it's not the radios or computers and it's a setting issue,
      but not have any experience with TT radios, I'm at a loss. Also
      trying to set this up without having the stuff right in front of me
      isn't helping either.
      Thanks,
      Joel..WA1ZYX
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2006
        Joel, this information should all be obtainable from Ten-Tec or the manual for the Argonaut.

        73, Pete N4ZR

        At 09:07 AM 3/31/2006, joelthzedyx wrote:
        >Hi,
        >It's me again... Still trying to get my friends TT radios
        >interfaced... I now find out that he's running Win98 on one computer,
        >and that didn't work. Then he tried another computer running WinME,
        >no luck there either.
        >So, my next question is:
        >What baud rate? I'm seeing conflicting info there. What about
        >handshaking?
        >I'm sure it's not the radios or computers and it's a setting issue,
        >but not have any experience with TT radios, I'm at a loss. Also
        >trying to set this up without having the stuff right in front of me
        >isn't helping either.
        >Thanks,
        >Joel..WA1ZYX
      • John Graves
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
          Joel,

          What are you trying to interface to what? I am running a Jupiter tied
          to my laptop and can read it with XMLog, Ham Radio Deluxe, and N1MM.
          My normal system is an old laptop running win98 and it does have a real
          serial port. I am able to also run the Pegasus Control Software with
          this set up. Ham Radio Deluxe has the ability to read most if not all
          the parameters and give you a emulated screen on you computer and
          includes a nice PSK31 interface as well. For more sophisticated control,
          there is N4PY's software as well as Callsign (which has had good reports
          but I have no experience with).

          John / WA1JG