Correct CQWW RTTY score from v. 5.0.147?

  • tf3kx
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
      Hi:

      I have come to simply trust the score results from N1MM Logger, but it
      looks like my score may not be correct from v. 5.0.147.

      My score window shows the number of countries and zones, the sum of
      these is multiplied by the number of points, and I get a total score
      that is consistent with this. But the number of US/VE sections is not
      added into the calculations, and I can not see that they are somehow
      included there. Is it possible that this version of the software
      calculates the final score incorrectly?

      73 - Kris, TF3KX
    • Rick Ellison
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
        According to the source code its should be scoring correctly..
        (M1+M2+M3)*TotalPoints

        Where M1=DCXX M2=Zone M3=Sections(Callareas)

        73's Rick n2AMG

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
          Kris
          I suggest you install 5.9.0 and do a rescore(make a mdb backup
          first !)
          I cross-checked the scoring given by 5.9.0 with some other contest
          software and 5.9.0 seems to score correctly... I also recounted my
          DXCC and WAZ with XM-log, and ST/PR with excel, and do not see any
          problem with 5.9.0
          I don't have anymore the 5.0.147 but it has been a major change
          since - before 5.7.? the DXCC and ST/PR were counted together...
          since 5.8.? they appear in different columns in score summary.
          By the way I tried with 5.7.2, and had a few mults less (506 versus
          514), but I do trust 5.9.0 to score correctly.

          Pat

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Ellison" <rellison@t...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
            I used to be a believer in always running old versions of logging software, but since I converted to MM (somehow, "converted" seems like the right word hi), I find no important handicap in always running the latest. I *would* of course test carefully before any contest in which I was serious, but I strongly advise updating, at least to 5.7.2 -- there are too many improvements to ignore.

            My scoring seems correct - of course my log is small, but it is not ignoring or miscalculating any category of mults that I can find.

            73, Pete N4ZR

            At 11:13 PM 10/2/2005, Rick Ellison wrote:
            >According to the source code its should be scoring correctly..
            >(M1+M2+M3)*TotalPoints
            >
            >Where M1=DCXX M2=Zone M3=Sections(Callareas)
            >
            >73's Rick n2AMG

          • David Robbins K1TTT
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
              In that old version weren't states added in with countries?

              David Robbins K1TTT
              e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@...
              web: http://www.k1ttt.net