Re: Backup and Data Security

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi Bill
      Did you manage to get the .bat working in the background, even with
      the task-scheduler ?
      Here It works OK if I clik on the desktop shortcut, but like Pete,
      no way I can avoid the DOS-window to pop-up when using the task
      scheduler (even if I try pointing on the shortcut, it automaticaly
      goes back to the .bat)

      Not extremely problematic but did someone find a way around?
      (opening .bat properties, does not give access to "run minimized"
      option)

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Coleman N2BC" <n2bc@s...>
      wrote:
      > To make the batch file "invisible", Under properties for the
      shortcut to
      > the BAT file, change RUN to Minimized.

      Database"
      > > function will solve some problems, and there is a standalone
      Microsoft Jet
      > > utility accessible through the link under "File|Repairing a
      corrupted
      > > database (Internet)". For those who don't have the Internet on
      the shack
      > > computer, the link is
      > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
      US;273956 . The
      > > advantage of the utility is that it does not have to open the
      database in
      > > order to repair it.
      > >
      > > I agree with Terry AB5K on the inherent reliability of the way
      MM uses the