Re: microKeyer/FT1000MP Mk V CW problem

  • wb2nvr
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi Joe & the group -

      Thanks for your help.

      PTT is working in CW, SSB, and RTTY (sort of). In RTTY, I can key
      the rig and hear tones if I click on the TX button in the MTTY/PSK
      window. I can transmit RYRYRY from this window also. Clicking on the
      presets on the bottom of the DI1 window has no effect.

      I can't get anything to transmit, or PTT to activate from the VFO A
      window in N1MM - probasbly because I get an error: Can't open Port
      5. In Configure Ports in N1MM, I have Digital & Other checked; DTR
      Always Off, RTS PTT, Allow Exit interupts checked, PTT Delay 10,
      CW/PTT 2F0, Radio 1. N1MM digital Modes Configurer, Interface 1
      Type MMTTY/PSK; Normally MMTTY window checked, DI-1 Mode FSK. BTW,
      when I enter RTTY in VFO A, the radio does switch to RTTY & LSB. In
      the N1MM DI1 Window, Setup, Setup MMTTY, TX Tab, PTT Port is COM 5;
      Radio command button, Port Definition - Port None. On the Misc. tab,
      TX Port is Sound+Com-TxD(FSK); USB Port set to C - Limiting Speed.
      On the Microkeyer, Ports, FSK: COM 5, opem, 45 5N1.5. The green/red
      arrow and the Test button are both greyed out. PTT: COM5, RTS,
      open, arrow indicator and test button greyed out. Microkeyer
      PTT/FSK tab, FSK PTT2 delayed; set to 20 ms.

      On the N1MM RTTY Engine 1, TX keys the rig and sends tones.

      Entering DIGI into the VFO A window changes the mode to PKT on the
      window, and PKT+LSB on the FT1000. I have to change the Digital
      Interface mode manually to PSK. Clicking on the TX button in the
      DI1 or PSK Engine window causes the rig to key, and a tone to be
      sent. Clicking on any function key does nothing.

      I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

      Bob WB2NVR

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@m...>