Re: [N1MM] Starting a new contest

  • w2nra@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      Instead of closing/reopening try rescoring. Also even though the number is wrong I'd bet it would send and log the correct number while entering a Q. Am I right?

      73 Art W2NRA

      George Harlem wrote:

      > OK, yesterday I got RAC to come up with "0" for the first QSO serial
      > number, but only after closing and reopening the program. Today I
      > worked some DX, then opened the RAC contest log I created last night.
      > Again, it came up with the next serial number equal to the next QSO
      > number in the PREVIOUS (i.e., DX) log. Huh? Closing/opening reset RAC
      > to zero. After I worked some stations in RAC, I could jump out of that
      > contest and into the DX log to work non-contest QSO's, and when I
      > reselected the RAC log it came up with the proper next serial number in
      > the Exchange field.
      >
      > Anyone have time to think about what might be going on here?
      >
      > George W1EBI

    • George Harlem
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
        Not home at the moment, Art, but I did hit F2 last night when the
        Exchange field showed a grayed-out "2003" (there were at the time no
        Q's in the new log) and the program sent "599 2004". But I did NOT
        actually try it after actually entering a station callsign as though
        in a contest QSO. I'll experiment with rescoring, that's a clever
        idea.

        George

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, w2nra@o... wrote:
        > Instead of closing/reopening try rescoring. Also even though the
        number is wrong I'd bet it would send and log the correct number
        while entering a Q. Am I right?

        > 73 Art W2NRA
        >
        > George Harlem wrote:
        >
        > > OK, yesterday I got RAC to come up with "0" for the first QSO
        serial
        > > number, but only after closing and reopening the program. Today I
        > > worked some DX, then opened the RAC contest log I created last
        night.
        > > Again, it came up with the next serial number equal to the next
        QSO
        > > number in the PREVIOUS (i.e., DX) log. Huh? Closing/opening
        reset RAC
        > > to zero. After I worked some stations in RAC, I could jump out
        of that
        > > contest and into the DX log to work non-contest QSO's, and when I
        > > reselected the RAC log it came up with the proper next serial
        number in
        > > the Exchange field.
        > >
        > > Anyone have time to think about what might be going on here?
        > >
        > > George W1EBI

      • George Harlem
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
          FWIW, rescoring did not change the number in the Exchange field, but
          when I called the first station with a callsign in the Entry window,
          all was well.

          George W1EBI