Autocomplete Problems

  • gboutin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
      Having a bit of difficulty with auto-complete fouling me up in RAC
      contest using V5.0.120.

      Tried to enter W9RE, but it kept changing it to WW9E which I had
      previously worked. Same thing with N6KW being changed to WN6K, which
      I had also worked before. In both cases, I tried to go back and
      re-enter the correct call but it kept changing it.

      While playing around further, and actually watching what was going
      on, I noticed something else strange, which may or not be related.

      I have worked W7DRA. Try to enter the callsign later. Type in W7D and
      autocomplete fills in W7DRA/VE7 but only highlights the /VE7. I keep
      typing the rest of the call and get W7DRARA.

      In the first pair of cases, I wasn't watching the initial change but
      when trying to edit to the correct call, the change was made without
      any highlighting.

      --
      Gerald Boutin, VE6AVR
    • Tom Wagner
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
        That must have been broken for a while! Fixed in next version.

        73,
        Tom

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
          Unable to replicate this here. In RAC contest, tried new calls, calls I had worked on other bands
          and portables (/xx and xx/). Autosend threshold set for 1 or 2. No difference, working as designed.

          Maybe others are seeing this?? Using ver 5.0.121

          What operating system on your pc?

          73, Ted W4NZ
          AMD Athlon XP2000+, 1.6gHz, 512mb RAM, Win2000

          |That must have been broken for a while! Fixed in next version.
          |
          |73,
          |Tom

          |Having a bit of difficulty with auto-complete fouling me up in RAC
          |contest using V5.0.120.
          |
          |Tried to enter W9RE, but it kept changing it to WW9E which I had
          |previously worked. Same thing with N6KW being changed to WN6K, which
          |I had also worked before. In both cases, I tried to go back and
          |re-enter the correct call but it kept changing it.
          |
          |While playing around further, and actually watching what was going
          |on, I noticed something else strange, which may or not be related.
          |
          |I have worked W7DRA. Try to enter the callsign later. Type in W7D and
          |autocomplete fills in W7DRA/VE7 but only highlights the /VE7. I keep
          |typing the rest of the call and get W7DRARA.
          |
          |In the first pair of cases, I wasn't watching the initial change but
          |when trying to edit to the correct call, the change was made without
          |any highlighting.

          |--
          |Gerald Boutin, VE6AVR
          |

          |To unsubscribe, send an email to:
          |

          |Yahoo! Groups Links
          |

          |To unsubscribe, send an email to:
          |

          |Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Tom Wagner
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
            Ted, you are confusing autoSEND with autoCOMPLETE.

            Autosend is for starting sending before you have finished
            copying a full callsign. i.e. starting at the first or
            second character of the suffix. But you already know that.

            A much older feature is Autocomplete. It works like
            IE's address bar. If you type in a partial callsign, the
            program will attempt to match it with a call that you have
            already logged. If it matches, the rest of the call will
            be added to the callsign textbox and highlighted. You can
            then either accept the call as displayed, or keep typing.
            If you keep typing, the highlighted portion will be replaced
            by what you type. This feature can be selected in the "Other"
            tab of the configurer.

            Needless to say, combining the features would probably not
            be real good!

            73,
            Tom

            Unable to replicate this here. In RAC contest, tried new calls, calls I had
            worked on other bands
            and portables (/xx and xx/). Autosend threshold set for 1 or 2. No
            difference, working as designed.

            Maybe others are seeing this?? Using ver 5.0.121

            What operating system on your pc?

            73, Ted W4NZ
            AMD Athlon XP2000+, 1.6gHz, 512mb RAM, Win2000

            |That must have been broken for a while! Fixed in next version.
            |
            |73,
            |Tom

            |Having a bit of difficulty with auto-complete fouling me up in RAC
            |contest using V5.0.120.
            |
            |Tried to enter W9RE, but it kept changing it to WW9E which I had
            |previously worked. Same thing with N6KW being changed to WN6K, which
            |I had also worked before. In both cases, I tried to go back and
            |re-enter the correct call but it kept changing it.
            |
            |While playing around further, and actually watching what was going
            |on, I noticed something else strange, which may or not be related.
            |
            |I have worked W7DRA. Try to enter the callsign later. Type in W7D and
            |autocomplete fills in W7DRA/VE7 but only highlights the /VE7. I keep
            |typing the rest of the call and get W7DRARA.
            |
            |In the first pair of cases, I wasn't watching the initial change but
            |when trying to edit to the correct call, the change was made without
            |any highlighting.

            |--

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
              You are correct, I was getting them confused. Sorry about that. Kinda tells you how much I use
              autoCOMPLETE doesn't it-hi! And, it (autoCOMPLETE) misbehaves just like Gerald describes.

              Yes, please DO NOT combine them. :)) (lest I would be forever confused)

              73,Ted W4NZ