Re: cq'ing and stop tx!

  • Franki ON5ZO
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2005
      > Oops ... thanks Franki! I can't imagine why one would not want to have it
      > stop, but MM scores again - something for everyone.

      Pete, I have it turned off for as long as I can remember - I hate it. When I got fed
      up with CQ'ing I used to type something, like a prefix to check for DXCC or
      sunrise/sunset in the info window. Each time I would do this, the CQ'ing would stop.
      I must that admit since trying SO2R there is a lot less boring CQ time.

      I guess the feature is only useful in full break in CW (QSK) anyway? Since I don't do
      this either, there is no reason for me to stop the CQ.

      Maybe it's just us ON's that turn it off? ;o)

      - Franki ON5ZO
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2005
        Yeah, the second radio will meet virtually anyone's needs for distraction.

        The reason I like the feature is that frequently, I will be using repeat
        CQ, and I will have someone answer just as the repeat begins. Rather than
        having to hit ESC and then start typing in the person's call, I just start
        typing and it takes care of it. No QSK required, but not everyone's cup of
        tea, I'm sure.

        73, Pete